Starting the engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the engine

So every day I go to start my car, I hear the starter running but the engine doesn't turn over/run. So I try to start it again, and usually after the 2nd or 3rd time it'll then turn over. This has happened for a while now and I'm not quite sure what it could be. Thoughts?
    Schwartz '84 325e

Starter solenoid. It's not a replaceable part. Buy a reman BOSCH starter(don't waist your money on anything else). I got mine off of ebay from some hole in the wall place that does nothing but rebuild starter. But I think you can get a reman from autozone now-a-days.

Most likely the problem will get worse. If you get stuck, hit the starter with something heavy - that will loosen it up (but if you ding it up, they may not accept it as a core)
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Checked ebay, all they have are starters for the 2.5, not the 2.7.. Autozone has a Duralast for the 2.7.. any other suggestions?
      Last edited by Hussbuss; 09-18-2015, 08:49 PM.
      Schwartz '84 325e

Comment

Here's the guy I used: http://stores.ebay.com/eagleautoelectric/ - good work - no problems over a year later. But it's literally a hole in the wall kind of place - but that's all he does - so I have to assume he knows his stuff.

I'd wait a bit - I'm sure someone else will chime in with more sources to choose from.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
        X