No announcement yet.

What New Phone Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, the TouchWiz UX leaves a bit to be desired, though it's a compromise (usually) made knowingly when buying a Samsung product.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I actually loved my S5, I think its my favorite phone to date. However it did have a massive flaw, that stupid charger cover.
    That's why I asked Michael if his was still on. The one on my S5 broke in half after about a year, so I pulled it the rest of the way off and left it like that. The SD card cover on my Tab Pro broke as well, though it's still all there. For it I just installed a card and left it.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Sounds like I got lucky with mine. Battery is good for the day aside from heavy usage so far, though I only got the phone a year ago (used). I've only ever experienced TouchWiz so that's an "ignorance is bliss" situation.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        The issue isn't battery charge life, it's the fact that after a year or so of heavy use your cell phone battery is down a significant amount from its original capacity, this is unavoidable and made worse if you're the type who runs your phone down to 8% every day. I don't tend to upgrade to the latest and greatest every time it comes out like many, so I want to be able to replace the battery and have good capacity over the 2-3 years I use the phone.
        That's exactly why I'm going to the Pixel soon...

Nothing wrong with my iphone 5, besides the battery is terrible now and... Tmobile's service any time I decide to leave town.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I am not really into phones, but right now I am forced to replace my phone as whatsapp no longer works on it. I am deciding between a Samsung J1 mini, J2 or a Z2. The Z2 seems the cheapest and the latest/newest of the lot but has an apparently new platform called Tizon vs the usual Android. The Samsung J2 seems better and more expensive from the 3, while being the oldest. Seen a place advertising the J1 mini and J2 for the same price, so will likely get the J2. All have removable batteries, and external memory cards. Oh and they seem to be entry level phones.
          1990 325i
          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
          sigpic

Comment

I'm on my second Sony Xperia, current phone is the Z3 Compact. What I hate about a lot of the new phones is that larger form factor. The Z3 compact does everything I need, is smaller and is water resistant to boot. Battery life has been better since they brought back their Stamina mode. Good camera too.
            Estoguy
            1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
              I'm on my second Sony Xperia, current phone is the Z3 Compact. What I hate about a lot of the new phones is that larger form factor. The Z3 compact does everything I need, is smaller and is water resistant to boot. Battery life has been better since they brought back their Stamina mode. Good camera too.
              I really wanted to try this (or the Z5 compact) when I was shopping, but there's almost no carrier support for them in the States. The Z3 Compact is AT&T only I think, and I saw no mention of the Z5.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I've carried an iPhone daily (3gs and 5, soon to be a 6s) for work related calls and just replaced an HTC one M8 with a Pixel XL 128gb for personal use. The pixel is hands down my favourite phone I've ever owned. It has a great camera, performance is spot on, usb-C is a nice upgrade from the old connectors, the assistant is surprisngly useful and I tend to dislike most voice activated commands. I don't need expandable storage with the way I use the phone, but I know some people do. I load 40-50gb of music on and never think of it again. I love how well it integrates with all the google apps I use all the time. It's comforting to know that I can fully place information of nearly all aspects of my life into the hands of an increasingly all-powerful corporation who I trust completely due to their brand name with a colorful logo.

I have a personal bias against Samsung products due to an overwhelmingly high amount of people I know with failed tech from the company. (Phones, kitchen appliances, washers/driers, tv's). They make nice stuff (that's often got too much shit packed into it), but from what I have seen first hand almost everyone with something from them has had atleast one item fail. Sometimes repeatedly. Also I find they in the hand they feel like cheap plastic, but I won't deny that they have an impressive featureset.
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

LG V20. It's the bomb. Most underrated phone of last year. The G5 sucks. The V20 is a G5, but it functions properly and is much nicer looking and feeling.
                  -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                  -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I just bought the Samsung J1 2016.

1990 325i
                    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                    sigpic

Comment

Bit of an update.

I've had my Pixel XL from close to the release date and the charging port is already pretty much broken. Have to work very hard to get the cable in the right spot to actually charge and then when it is charging I have to be careful not to touch it at all.

Comment

I guess I should update this thread. My phone came in early last week and I love it. Everything works so flawlessly, its just perfect. Its seriously by far my favorite phone that I've owned and highly recommend it to anyone.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                          Bit of an update.

I've had my Pixel XL from close to the release date and the charging port is already pretty much broken. Have to work very hard to get the cable in the right spot to actually charge and then when it is charging I have to be careful not to touch it at all.
                          Fark. I've had a Pixel XL since December, to replace a mess of Note 7 to Galaxy 7 swaps. The first Note 7 blew out the screen when it popped. The second I had to leave in Hawaii because they wouldn't let it on the plane.

I have been noticing the loose feeling of the Type-C connector in the base, I did not want to hear this.

Comment

Yeah, mine was pretty loose from day one. I've always been careful with it and tried not to use it while charging etc but it has got progressively worse. I did clean the port right out with a sewing needle and it seemed to improve slightly but the issue is still there.

Other than this I love the phone. Works flawlessly. Amazing camera. Great battery life. All round good phone just a dodgy charging connector.

Comment

Sending this to the top. I am on ATT and need a new phone, but 400-600? really???

Comment

$400-$600 is cheap for a phone these days.

Pixels are north of $750, Pixel XLs are north of $850 and the iPhone SE is rumored to be north of $1k when it drops.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X