Things to do in Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Germany?

I'm going to Europe for 16 days with a friend and have a pretty decent list of shit I want to see/do but I bet some of you guys have first hand experience! Also, are there any random facts/ culture differences I should be acutely aware of before going that I wouldn't find on the internet? Any places to avoid? Best ways to get around?

Flying into CDG then CDG to Munich, traveling by mostly train from Munich to Stuttgart to the UK then back to Paris. So we will be around that route from Munich to the UK.

Thanks for any input!
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

ummmm sign up for college and dont come back.

Comment

First. Go to the Nurburgring.

Then, go to the Castles.

If you need more car stuff theres more than enough car museums to keep you busy. Porsche and Mercedes are close to each other
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BMW factory tour
        sigpic

Comment

BMW Welt. Drive the Nurburgring. Drink beer. Profit.
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
            ummmm sign up for college and dont come back.
            nice

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

-observe blue eyed blond women.
              -ball out of control
              -????
              -Profit.
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Oh shit didn't even think of going to the ring!! Might have to work that in...

Mr. Burns I love your reply lol!!!

Definitely going to drink beer and see BMW that's the main reason I'm going!!
                BMW tech
                Umass Amherst
                05 wrx sti

Comment

I used yelp or opentable to look for restaurants while in Europe. Helped out a lot finding really good places to eat and not getting stuck at the tourist traps.

Comment

If you get bored, hit Buchloe and check out the Alpina factory.

Drink Beer.

See castles.

Drink more Beer.

Visit the Black Forest and hunt witches, warlocks and giants..etc.

Finish it off with some more Beer.

Tell everyone you are from Canada.
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

If you like beer Hofbrau Haus (local beer, not sure if it was the actual brewery it was for a stag party I was there so its fairly hazy) in munich is quite cool. Outside of the beer the place is quite a spectacle between all the locals that wear lederhosen and the waitresses carrying 3-4 litres of beer in each hand. If you want to go to bars/clubs there is an area where all clubs are located, we attempted to go on a sunday night only to find all clubs but one were closed and it was locals only P:/

BMW Welt as said above, BMW classic expierience,or just BMW rental, you can rent all the new M cars and there is a select few classics which can be rented, deposit is like €1000 so just be aware of that for the newer cars, probably be wise to book in advance. Stuttgart, is there a porsche factory/museum there?

Comment

Most everything is sparkling water and if you ask for water, sparkling is what they will serve. Castles and autoban were great vaca spots. Downtown Munich had some great hidden gems.

COTM

Comment

I think you have to ask for flat water, I'm sure it's still good from the tap too. I had a German guy yell at me because I asked for regular water, and he said " this IS regular water"
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks to Angela Merkel Germany has taken in over a million Syrians and the crime rate is through the roof. The police can hardly keep up with the robberies, sexual assaults, drugs etc. Keep an eye on your wallet and your valuables !

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              Thanks to Angela Merkel Germany has taken in over a million Syrians and the crime rate is through the roof. The police can hardly keep up with the robberies, sexual assaults, drugs etc. Keep an eye on your wallet and your valuables !
                              wtf are you on? have you been to Germany? stop riding that trump train bruh.

Comment

Working...
                              X