PNW E30 Picnic - south end Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is how is usally works...

A group meets in Portland (guys from Portland and southern meet here). These guys then drive to Olympia and meet a group there. Those 2 groups then drive to Tacoma and we all meet there to drive to XXX.

The meetings in Oly and Portland are usually pretty quick just to get the guys together and we then take a few pics and talk a bit in Tacoma before we head up.
    sigpic

Comment

well since there is a such a large number in Olympia already, lets meet at the usual Hawk's Prairie restaurant right off Exit 111. Then we can make a stop at Griot's to meet the Tacoma crowd.

What time does the Olympia group going to meet up? 8:30am? so it gives enough time to stop at Griot's and make it to XXX by 10:30?
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
        well since there is a such a large number in Olympia already, lets meet at the usual Hawk's Prairie restaurant right off Exit 111. Then we can make a stop at Griot's to meet the Tacoma crowd.

What time does the Olympia group going to meet up? 8:30am? so it gives enough time to stop at Griot's and make it to XXX by 10:30?
        That sounds just fine to me. As long as we can nail down a good location that everyone can find, we'll be good to go.

Comment

That sounds good Chris. I'd say 8:30 meet at Hawk's Prairie Restaurant off exit 111. That should only be 30-45 min from Griot's, so about 9:15 we meet at Griot's. From there to XXX.

Someone from Portland give a time and place for you guys and we can add it to the itinerary.
          sigpic

Comment

so what time will you be at around issaquah Derek? I need to have a set time so I could try and maybe coodinate it where I can just run into you guys when you get there
            sigpic

Comment

Well, we probably wont end up leaving Griot's till 9:30-9:45 the way things go, so I'd say we should arrive to the XXX around 10:30-10:45.

Directions From Hawk's Prarie Restourant (8318 Quinault Dr. NE Olympia, WA 98516) to Griot's Garage (3500-A 20th St. E Tacoma, WA 98424)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.699005&om=1

Directions From Griot's Garage (3500-A 20th St. E Tacoma, WA 98424) to XX Drive-In (98 N.E. Gilman Blvd. Issaquah, WA 98027)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...d.,+98027&om=1
              sigpic

Comment

Where is the meeting point in Portland? It's going to have to be hella early on Sunday.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                  Where is the meeting point in Portland? It's going to have to be hella early on Sunday.
                  You make the call Ken. You're the first Portlander to speak up. ;)
                  sigpic

Comment

Portland meeting point:

Portland Meadows (by PIR, just before you cross the bridge into WA).

1001 N Schmeer Rd
                    Portland, OR 97217

I figured somewhere far enough North that people who live downtown (such as myself) don't have to drive South into the 'burbs to meet any one else.

What time are the Olympia guys heading North so we can time the Portland departure?
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Meet in Oly at 8:30, so 6-6:30?
                      sigpic

Comment

Meeting Times And Directions

6:00am
                        Portland Meadows
                        1001 N. Schmeer Road
                        Portland, Oregon 97217

8:30am
                        Hawk's Prairie Restaurant
                        8318 Quinault Dr. NE
                        Olympia, WA 98516

9:15am
                        Griot's Garage
                        3500-A 20th St. E
                        Tacoma, WA 98424

10:30am
                        XXX Drive-In
                        98 N.E. Gilman Blvd.
                        Issaquah, WA 98027
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll be at Hawks Prairie Restaurant around 8ish, I'm looking foward to seein you all there!

matt

Comment

I need to find some way to wash my car before the Picnic. There's no way I'm driving 400 miles and showing up in my car unwashed.

Comment

there's a brown beer car wash right down the street from it, I think it's self wash so you can use the water there, but bring your own soap and wash mitt...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by optimusp517
                                there's a brown beer car wash right down the street from it, I think it's self wash so you can use the water there, but bring your own soap and wash mitt...
                                Nice, that's perfect. I don't don't want to use one of those ones where you do it yourself, and slap the hose all over the car, and use that stiff brush.

Comment

Working...
                                X