BMW Club Autocross #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Club Autocross #1

I just registered for my first BMW club autocross. It's this Saturday, the 8th in Denver at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Driver cap at 100... I was # 50 to register. $47 gets you in and buys you lunch, and you get 8, yes 8 runs (I'm guessing maybe more with only half the driver cap?...). Those who are interested should respond here and sign up so maybe I'll know someone there... Never done any of the BMW club events, but I'm excited.

Registration closes tomorrow, Thursday, at 6pm.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

holy crap 8 runs???

Comment

Yup. $7 more than the SCCA autocrosses, they give you lunch, and you get twice as much seat time lol

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

i totally should do this, but I already promised my wife i'd take her out to eat for Mother's day on Saturday... (hmm, maybe I can somehow incorporate autocross into that...)

Comment

Take her out for dinner ;)

Autocross is supposed to be over at 3:30 according to the BMW schedule, but it could go longer... Even then, dinner time...

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
            Take her out for dinner ;)

Autocross is supposed to be over at 3:30 according to the BMW schedule, but it could go longer... Even then, dinner time...
            true, true.... But dinner is going to be in Estes Park, so it will be cutting it close... but Ben, you have a good point.

Comment

I say go for it ;)

(That way I'll at least know someone there lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                I say go for it ;)

(That way I'll at least know someone there lol)
                Ben, I'm down to at least ride down with you and hang out.
                89 325i (Sold)
                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Cool. I'm fine to go alone and race and whatever, had to do that when I got started with the STi... But it's always fun to have people around.... and I really wish people would start taking pics of my car so I can have new sigs

Comment

Can I just show up and hang out? Or do I have to pay to get in?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

It's free to spectate, but if you're a BMW club member, and you have the slightest inkling to try autocross, then it's well worth the $47 and the time... You'll get double the runs like I said, than if it were an SCCA autocross, plus they feed you. Even if you do terrible, no one cares cause it's not SUPER competitive, everyone's just out having a good time,

Comment

I *just* let my CCA membership expire, lol.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Fair enough lol. My SCCA and BMW are both on the brink of expiration (note to everyone, don't sign up MID SEASON... Gah it's a pain....)

Comment

I don't think i can make it.... I have alot of stuff to do and very little money.

Comment

is there an age limit?

Comment

Working...
                              X