my first e30 (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first e30 (lots of pics)

I figured I'd share my first e30 with yall since I have gotten it to a point where I'm ok with it.

I've had this car for about 6 months and have been slowly bringing it back from the dead. I got the car from a guy who had no idea how to work on anything for a whole $700.

Can't beat the blue interior

stupid radio wasn't even hooked up, nor did it work

unfortunately it's an autotragic

didn't have a battery and dry rotted tires prevented me from driving it home, so I had to have it towed. Never use A1 towing in Austin, the will literally break your shit. the driver honestly tried to tell me that he didn't break it... yet it wasn't broke when we left...

thanks pick n pull for your endless supply of cheap parts, now stop crushing e30s

it came with this, because you always need more horns

some deep cleaning

The auto that came in it only went into park and 3 gears of forward, so it was replaced. Next time this comes out will be to put in a 5 speed. it's great in traffic, but overall I hate it. Makes the car such a turd off the line.

we kinda have a thing for bmw's..

My roomie helped me with a lot of the parts, big thanks to him. New shocks, m3 springs, basket weaves, and more cleaning.

This is how she looks now, after the ellipsoid swap. Had a couple of small problems along the way, wires on the wrong plugs, leaking fuel line, broken level sender, and the infamous platinum plugs. I've replaced the usual maintenance items with new or good condition used parts, now she runs pretty good, still stumbles under hard acceleration though. Also found out my cat was gutted for me, so that got replaced with some same diameter piping

I did some wet sanding (600,1000,2000), then some rubbing and polishing compound, followed by a good waxing. I think it came out pretty good for how terrrible the paint was (covered in tree sap) and what I had to use.

It's still a work in progress, but it's mine and I like it more and more every day. I have huge plans for this car, just doing it slowly since it's my DD for now.

Enjoy!

Glad it seems to be in good hands now, nice work so far bringing her back. And welcome!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Fuck I love me a good pinstriped car

Beautiful work
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

My first E30 was an auto ETA, did the 5 speed swap, and it felt like an entirely different car.

Very good Job bringing it back, the paint came out beautiful!
        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Way to bring it back. :up: Nice e46 and more pix of the black e28. ;)

COTM

Comment

i forgot how much i hate you guys down south with your rust free cars j/k, cars coming along good, touring looks real sick

Comment

very nice! Keep it up!

Comment

Ive never seen diving boards with that turn indicator on the side of the bumper surround. My 87 eta had a thin rectangular piece, yours is more square. Maybe a different year thing

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, it literally took me a good part of the day to bring the paint back. Now it's all smooth and pretty again.

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                  Fuck I love me a good pinstriped car

Beautiful work
                  It's grown on me too, I want to paint it e46 alpine and clear it yet somehow still keep the pinstripe

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                  Way to bring it back. :up: Nice e46 and more pix of the black e28. ;)
                  The e46 is pretty sick, AA supercharged, m3 trans/diff, completely done suspension. My roomie got a hell of a deal on it. But yes, moar pics of the e28

It's an 83 533i with a 5 speed, black on black, IE suspension. I LOVE driving this car. Makes me want an m30 in mine.

Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
                  Ive never seen diving boards with that turn indicator on the side of the bumper surround. My 87 eta had a thin rectangular piece, yours is more square. Maybe a different year thing
                  I think it's an early thing, my roomie has an 88 ix with db's and he has the indicators you're talking about too.

Comment

You've done a nice job so far, congratulations.

I know someone who has a real nice pair of blue sport seats. Pm me if you're interested and I'll see if they're still available.

Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
                    1984-85 had the square side markers.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate all the comments. I'm not sure if I want to keep the interior blue, I was thinking about maybe a tan/black combo with black recaros and leather rear seat? That's still a ways off since I want to do it properly.

Comment

Nice job on restoring it! I love that touring!

Comment

car is coming along.+1 for e46 alpina white
                          sigpic:):)

Comment

Blue vinyl is pretty rare in good condition. ive seen a lot of it in junkyards and its always torn up.

Comment

That's why I'm so on the fence about it, I don't see too many with blue interior. Maybe I'll keep it after all and just clean it up real nice.

The touring is such a beast too, kinda want yo do my e30 in the same color with the pinstripe

Comment

Working...
                              X