No announcement yet.

318 reborn into e30 335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason on my motor the driverside and passenger side engine mounts use different size bolts
    1991 335is in progress

Comment

ok so I'm not crazy then. I have two bolts on the passenger side that are bigger than the rest, not sure where they went either

Comment

Got the trans mount made. Its now all welded up, just need to counterbore the chassis mounting holes as its much thicker than oem. A little grinding and a coat of paint will major it all

And yes it got welded in the bends.
        1991 335is in progress

Comment

Lookin good dude! That sort of clearance is norm on those swaps?

Comment

Originally posted by cormier View Post
            Lookin good dude! That sort of clearance is norm on those swaps?
            Yep, these are long motors. They require some hammering on the firewall.

Made some good progress today.

Trans mount is finished and installed. Its not the prettiest thing I have ever made, but it is very strong and should do the trick.

Got my shifter all hooked up. I didnt go fot making a DSSR just yet. The Evo3 shifter felt awesome, especially after adding s couple extra plastic washers in the pivots of the selector rod. My buddy whos been building e30's for years says its the best shifter he has felt in an e30.

I also got my shortened drive shaft in. I had 4 inches cut off of the front half. It lines up perfectly.

A number of other small things got done today as well. I placed a 110 dollar order with GP+S to get all the last gaskets. seals and cooling system parts that I could think of.

I have fount out that the previos owner had removed a number of gaskets.

Hopefully they will be in monday, then I can start getting them in
            1991 335is in progress

Comment

That is gorgeous paint! Coming along nicely.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                That is gorgeous paint! Coming along nicely.
                Thanks man. I just realized I have had the car almost exactly a year as of this month. So it has been a ton of wrenching and almost no driving.

At this point pretty much the only thing that hasnt been removed and upgraded is the interior... yet.
                1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
                  Thanks man. I just realized I have had the car almost exactly a year as of this month. So it has been a ton of wrenching and almost no driving.

At this point pretty much the only thing that hasnt been removed and upgraded is the interior... yet.
                  I've had mine for over 2 years and that's how it's been for me as well. Car looks great man. M30 swapped E30s are godmode.

Comment

Got the IE street and track camber plates in so far today. Im worn out, but there is still some progress to be made this weekend.

1991 335is in progress

Comment

those acura integra wheels fits right on?

Comment

Originally posted by grays View Post
                        those acura integra wheels fits right on?
                        The bolt pattern is the same, but the hub bore and the offset is wrong.

So they fit right on, WITH spacers.
                        1991 335is in progress

Comment

It is worth the wrenching man, mine has been under the knife since early '10. It is worth the smashed hands and exhausted weekends.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

It is worth the wrenching man, mine has been under the knife since early '10. It is worth the smashed hands and exhausted weekends.
                            Isnt that the truth. I am left handed, and currently have a busted ass fingernail on my left middle finger, and two gouges from an angle grinder in my left pointer finger. So my left hand is working its way to being useless. I also did both of those injuries in one night haha.

Cant wait to drive this car. Ive ridden in a m50/s52 heads&cams car, and it was really fun. I am hoping the torque of the m30 should make this car a hoot on the streets.
                            1991 335is in progress

Comment

Angle grinder without heavy leather gloves? 10 bucks protect your hands! I use gloves no matter what I work on.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Angle grinder without heavy leather gloves? 10 bucks protect your hands! I use gloves no matter what I work on.
                                I never use leather gloves with any rotating machinery. Id much rather nic a finger than have it grab the leather and do worse. Granted, an angle grinder most likely wouldnt rip a hand off, but I do a good bit of work with mills and lathes, and leather gloves are a big no-no there.
                                1991 335is in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X