No announcement yet.

FYI - some N52 oil pan research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up with that dyno you just posted. That dood needs a tune... ~15 A/F!?

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

if anyone is interesteed i have an n52 from a 528xi, 2 rods are bent, possible use for mockup, also have a brand new head, headgasket, headbolts, and intake manifold
      and a bunch of accessories

pm if interested

Comment

Low/no oil pressure?

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

no ran fine no faults, high oil consumption was the complaint for the engine

Comment

Originally posted by gpak31 View Post
            no ran fine no faults, high oil consumption was the complaint for the engine
            High oil consumption bent 2 rods? If nothing else I may be interested in the block/oil pan to see if it fits (if you can't check that..)

Comment

no no no, the car sucked in water, bent 2 rods, car ran normal, didnt find out about the
              bent rods till i removed the head and saw that cylinder 2 at tdc was sitting lower in the cylinder, then removed engine and oil pan and saw cyl 2 and 5 had bent rods

Comment

Bent rods will do that, but I've also heard the N52 pistons aren't that great and will cause it normally.

Also, how far does the use of aluminum bolts go? Head bolts? Transmission mounting bolts? Are there any steel bolts?

Comment

Another FYI:
                  The transmissions are compatible with the rest of the older 3 series transmissions.
                  To clarify, according to parts diagrams, it uses the same 6 speed ZF trans that the later e46's used.. which as we know will bolt up to any of the e46 and e36 24v engines and also the m20. So theoretically, you could use a g260 with this engine.(it would bolt up atleast)
                  Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

sorry for the crappy iphone pics, camera batteries charging

Comment

Thanks!

I had asked him to post some pictures of his N52 head because I have heard that the ports are CNC'd like the S54.

S54 Intake port = 275 CFM

M54 Intake port = 200 CFM

N52 = ??

M54 "D" port heads for comparison, 50x27mm. I've heard that in order to make the M54 intake flow well material needs to be added to them, they're TOO open.

Wangan's S54:

Attached Files
                      Last edited by hoveringuy; 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Nice looking ports. I bet it flows well since the power doesn't drop off till after 7k.

Is this going in an e30? Please tell me it is.
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

what are you going to use as motor mounts, i have an parts e30 and the n52 for test fitment

Comment

Originally posted by gpak31 View Post
                            what are you going to use as motor mounts, i have an parts e30 and the n52 for test fitment
                            I'm sure the fitment is actually the "easy" part of the swap, Can't imagine what needs to be done electronically wise.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Those ports are so sexy - very very awesome! Interesting that the fuel injector port is cast into the head - means that N52 intake manifolds can't be used on M50/M52 motors even with an adapter plate! :(
                              Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

nope now you gotta make an adapter for an obd1 throttle onto the n52 intake mani

Comment

Working...
                                X