Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 98 m52 swap no crank issue HELP!

Hello all,

So I let my tech borrow my swapped e30 (wasnt done perfecty but efficiently!) while I was out of town and he started experiencing weird issues... I had not come across them up until the point I let him borrow so im not totally sure. Issues before no crank were one time after shutting the car off the starter kept spinning, had to unplug the battery to stop. A few times the car needed the good 'ol push to start.

Now this was while he was using it... and then on the third day he cracked my oil pan, give him a break hes not used to e30 and especially not used to how low the swapped motor oil pan sits (unprotected).

Fast foward--> We replaced the oil pan and put in brand new iridium plugs for the hell of it and now were at the main issue i'm posting here in search of advice. The key turns, all electronics turn on as well as the electric fan (previous owner hard wired it... fixing that soon) but NO CRANK OR ANYTHING. My tech and I have done a lot of trouble shooting... checked the harness as good as we could and jumped the starter as well as making sure the hard wired fan wasnt causing an issue... keep in mind nothing was changed and this car cranked every time for me 4 months previous to this... until he hit that pot hole pretty hard.. :(

I really miss this thing and we are now stumped... before taking it to some ridiculous shop i'd like to extend my issues here hoping someone may be willing to help and talk about the issue.
    Im also located in orlando FL with the car if anyone is ever local and would be willing to check it out im more than willing to make it worth your time.

Let me know what you think as I mentioned we are stumped and I really miss my baby!!

Thanks in advance.. Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bschuette; 06-14-2016, 05:52 PM.
Working...
X