Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 flywheel locking pin.

Hi,

I have a e30 with a s52 swapped with g260 trans with m20 flywheel.

I have a loud lifter and the vanos check engine code came on so in order for me to fix this I bought the tool kit with camshaft locking blocks, vanos lollipop tool and flywheel locking pin.

My question is since I have the m20 flywheel still I don't think the flywheel locking pin will work. Is it necessary or is just lining up the marks on the timing cover and crank harmonic balancer enough?

I'm not experienced with how spot on the marks need to line up and it's so touchy and difficult to see how spot on my marks are.

Thanks sorry if it's a stupid question.

I don't know if the flywheel pin will work but the lines are good enough. Most people do timing jobs using just them but be careful nonetheless.

For the vanos rebuild the cam blocks are sufficient.

Comment

Most aftermarket flywheels don't have that pin hole anyway. I have timed my engine three times (not because it was wrong) without the pins.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
        Most aftermarket flywheels don't have that pin hole anyway. I have timed my engine three times (not because it was wrong) without the pins.
        +1 my flywheel has no hole for the pin. Just be careful to check that the line on the crank matches up, and use the cam blocks. Then with everything together, spin it a few times by hand to make sure its all in line.
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
        X