Blown tweeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown tweeter

I pulled my tweeter pod to check why it wasn't singing like it should & sure enough, the tweeter from my Precision Power 355CS component system is blown. No continuity, no chirp from a 1.5V battery. Dead. I don't understand this, as my amp is set quite conservatively and I don't go nuts with the EQ. The crossover was even set at -3 db.

Since these are out of production, does anyone have any suggestions on what fits and is known to work in our front pods?

These are known to be quite good and fit in the stock panels with only minor work.

Comment

Stupid me. I was looking in their car audio section. Thanks for the tip

Comment

Just a followup--I ordered a couple of the the PE tweeters and installed one last week. I think it sounds even better than my Precision unit did. Less harshness at higher volume.

Comment

They are both Chinese, its no surprise the Dayton is better.

Can you believe there is a heat sink on the tweeter? I am so happy with those, they just amaze me

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            They are both Chinese, its no surprise the Dayton is better.

Can you believe there is a heat sink on the tweeter? I am so happy with those, they just amaze me
            Do you like these over the E34 paired units?

Comment

No, I much prefer the late model E34 tweet, it's smoother and a little more mellow, but the Dayton is still great

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X