No announcement yet.

Any E39 owners in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished swapping my 540 from auto to 6spd (did timing guides at the same time). Big job, but not that difficult once I taught myself how to code! Just need to bleed the clutch (PITA) and I should be good to roll!

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
      A better picture of my touring. Put the chrome kidneys back on though and it looks much better [ATTACH]95886[/ATTACH]
      For Sale? ;D

Comment

E39 Owner Checking in here.

2003 540iA M-Sport Sterling Grey/Grey
        B&G S2 Lowering Springs
        Muffler Delete
        M5 Trunk spoiler
        Technical Graphite interior trim
        E46 M3 SMG Paddleshifter retrofit (waiting to be installed)
        Drilled/Slotted rotors (waiting to be installed)
        M60/Non TU intake manifold (coming soon)
        Custom tune (coming soon)

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

I don't have my E30 anymore, but recently picked up an E39. So far I'm happy with it, I just dread the money pit approaching though...

1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
            Just finished swapping my 540 from auto to 6spd (did timing guides at the same time). Big job, but not that difficult once I taught myself how to code! Just need to bleed the clutch (PITA) and I should be good to roll!
            Used a write up or other reference?

Comment

I'm about to take the plunge on a 528i manual: wouldn't have considered it but a tree smacked my e30. I'm looking forward to a cd player and cup holders.
              209,000 miles but I'm buying from the original owner and he did regular maintenance and kept records.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                Used a write up or other reference?
                There is one writeup out there which is invaluable for the wiring/coding (by geargrinder on bf.c). The mechanical stuff I figured out myself--not hard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                  There is one writeup out there which is invaluable for the wiring/coding (by geargrinder on bf.c). The mechanical stuff I figured out myself--not hard at all.
                  I ended up finding that one too since my question. Pretty good stuff. I'm still debating if it is worth all the effort and cost... how much did you have to fork over for a 6 speed transmission and other components for the swap?

Comment

which (other) e39 forums do you guys use? bimmerforums? bimmerfest?
                    1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Here is my 2000, just added M5 front bumper and M-sport rear with spoiler. Had brand new never used 18 style 5's, stripped and polished them my self and changed the hardware to gold, then tire shop damaged two. Got new barrels. I'll get better pic.

sigpic

Comment

The non e30.
                        01 540i sport, black on black
                        Dinan cai, dinan strut bar, dinan mats, dinan suspension (koni adjustables w/ dinan springs), supersprint cat back, m60 intake manifold, dinan tune, gas sound system components. Next will be wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                          Here is my 2000, just added M5 front bumper and M-sport rear with spoiler. Had brand new never used 18 style 5's, stripped and polished them my self and changed the hardware to gold, then tire shop damaged two. Got new barrels. I'll get better pic.

Very cool e39! ;)
                          Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

I think I have posted here before but this is my 99 540i/6 with updated bumpers, billy pss, and e60 m5 style 166 wheels

Comment

Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
                              Very cool e39! ;)
                              Thanks. Still working on getting it to its best.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just got it last week with 90K Miles, 2002 530iA Sport

92 Alpine White 325iC M-Tech II Appearance Package

Comment

Working...
                                X