This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is purrrrrrrdy.

But yikes - you'd probably want to address that rust underneath.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Who thinks the 325is ending in 40 mins will fetch 20k?

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,781.

Comment

Impressed it made it to 16.25k
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          really? Why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I was thinking 18K, but hoping it would be the 2nd 325is to hit 20K on BAT - http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325is-7/ I thought it was pretty comparable to that one, but I will say I was surprised when that one did hit $20K.
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

I would have been a little surprised at $20k, but it did appear to be a very nice car.
              The 20K car had 30K less miles which maybe played into it a little bit as well it was a bit more stock. More stock = more $$ usually.
              Even as very tasteful as this car was modded, it probably narrowed the buyer pool a little bit over one that was bone stock.
              I like this car more than the one that went for $20k, but thats just me.

Also,,, These auctions are all about who is looking for that car at that moment.
              At a different time it could have gotten to $20K,,, or sold for $13k.

I think these auctions can also be a bit of a shitshow.
              I know what my cars are worth (to me), I'd either sell my car or not sell my car, but i'd never put any of them in an auction.
              There is no force on heaven or earth that would ever put any of my cars on that BAT site.

The BAT format has way too many assholes in it commenting on peoples cars, nitpicking them. I love looking at the cars and do sometimes try to make constructive comments if I like a car, but its too easy for the peanut gallery to meddle in someones sale on there.
              I'm a staunch believer in never ever even posting in someones forum FS thread unless (a) I have a compliment for the item, (b) a question about the item, or (c) I'm buying it.

PS: @Zeemz - Love the car in your Sig. I clicked on your build thread ended reading the whole thing. Very nice car. Really well done.
              Last edited by JimmyP; 06-28-2017, 03:31 PM.
              Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                The 20K car had 30K less miles which maybe played into it a little bit as well it was a bit more stock.
                Being that the 20K car had 107K miles and this one had 125K miles, neither is a low mileage car. Once you get above 100K, mileage is not a prime factor is decision making, the M3 market is proof of that. One of the great things about the E30 market is people love that these are drivers cars and they are driven.

Me personally I would rather buy a 100K+ mile car that has been babied and well maintained than pay a premium on a 50K mile car with minimal maintenance over the past 10+ years.

Regardless of mileage, a well maintained car with a great body that is truly rust free is one of the biggest things people are looking for and paying a premium. While I am happy E30s are appreciating, it still blows my mind people are selling what used to be sub-$1K buckets for $3-5K these days. But hey, for the top of the market to go up, so does the bottom.

I like this car more than the one that went for $20k, but thats just me.
                I agree. I am not usually a fan of tan interior, but the tan on black looks great, especially with the very nice upholstery job on the seats. It is a stunning super clean OEM+ car.

Also,,, These auctions are all about who is looking for that car at that moment.
                At a different time it could have gotten to $20K,,, or sold for $13k.
                I think this had a lot to do with the sale, it seemed like an off day on the auction block. But hey, no risk, no reward it is all part of the game.

PS: @Zeemz - Love the car in your Sig. I clicked on your build thread ended reading the whole thing. Very nice car. Really well done.
                Thanks! Guess you see why I was so interested in that sale. However, I don't plan on selling this one for a long time if ever.

Looks like you have quite the nice collection. Would love to see some pictures of your cars!
                Last edited by Zeemz; 06-29-2017, 06:56 AM.
                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                  Looks like you have quite the nice collection. Would love to see some pictures of your cars!
                  I'm never one to post many pictures but it looks like you can have a gallery on here kind of like S14.net.
                  I just uploaded some, it seems to have worked, I'm usually about 50% success rate in uploading pics to forums.

Try this link to album on this site:

There are some on my "Instagram Page" that my 20 year younger co-worker coerced me into making (actually he stole my phone and signed me up without me knowing).

I think thats the link, my user name is JimmypetM3 on Instagram.
                  Thats my one foray into social media (I think thats social media right?).
                  Last edited by JimmyP; 06-29-2017, 10:52 AM.
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

There are some on my "Instagram Page" that my 20 year younger co-worker coerced me into making (actually he stole my phone and signed me up without me knowing).
                    :roll:

Yeah, just like my internet history is filled with things my friends look at on my computer when I'm not around.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

wow.. another 325is just posted...

Comment

All the M3s are done selling and now it's the 325s time
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

How much you think on this one? Considering not an "is", headliner looks like it's ready to give, repainted, needs new passenger seat rails, OBC display bleeding, oil leak, power steering leak etc...

Comment

15,000$ is my guess

people are paying retarded prices for cars now days...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              Who thinks the 325is ending in 40 mins will fetch 20k?

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325is-11/
                              It had a price ceiling without a Luke-box in the trunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                                15,000$ is my guess

people are paying retarded prices for cars now days...
                                15k seems a bit high...i'm thinking 10-11k max

Comment

Working...
                                X