No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't found a more enjoyable beer experience than Brooklyn's Companion "wheat wine".

Had it first at the brewery when i was up in N.Y, and finally a local spot bought a keg after i begged enough.

Taste is amazing, not too light, not too heavy. Extremely high drink-ability, high alcohol percentage, great taste, just enough sweetness.
    Ugh, getting carried away here, want to hit the local spot instead of work today now.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post

Got empties...I'm out need some more.
      Is that your place in the states? Assuming you brought the cases back from Germany?
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

That is from the last six months. We are having an empty pallet for returns next month. Should have 26 cases to return. I have some in the basement and garage as well. Need to clear out the crap!! from house remodel. I have about 90 lbs of copper to recycle as well.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I luv this one I always have them when I go to Monterey, Mx.
          Attached Files

Comment

Spaten Oktoberfest on draft
            '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
            current:
            '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
            '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynMW View Post
              Spaten Oktoberfest on draft
              I like the darker "Oktoberfest" variations of the Munich brews.

The funniest part is that none of them are even served at the actual Oktoberfest. They're all special lagers with higher ABVs.

If you're ever at a German Beer Bar in Sept or Oct, see of they have any of the Wiesn beers. Those are the legit Oktoberfest beers.

When everything over there is brewed under the traditional Munich Beer Purity Law, there's not a lot of variation.

Comment

^think you mean the 'doppelbock' style like the Triumphator, Optimator, Maximator, Salvator versions vs Oktoberfest.

Ofest style is more a slightly darker lager and about 1% ABV higher.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

drank some spaten last night. was very impressed.

but damn, i do love me some National Bohemiam ;)

Comment

great monastery west of Frankfurt that is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      ^think you mean the 'doppelbock' style like the Triumphator, Optimator, Maximator, Salvator versions vs Oktoberfest.

Ofest style is more a slightly darker lager and about 1% ABV higher.
                      They're not doppelbocks. The ones they serve at the actual Oktoberfest are specially brewed just for that occasion. They taste basically the same as their normal lagers, but just with a little higher ABV.

I went over to Munich for Oktoberfest the past two years. I HIGHLY recommend going if you get a chance. It's amazing.

Comment

Had some Eichbaum Valentin Hefeweizen the other day. Not bad, wouldn't go out of my way for it though.

On a side note I brought home three racks of Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock yummy.

Comment

Some of the best beer I have had. Got a 12 pack sampler and so far have been very happy that I spent the $22 bucks for it. I love IPAs and this IPA from them is amazing.
                          Originally posted by cabriodster87
                          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                          Originally posted by Kershaw
                          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

a friend told me about heavy seas recently, hes on a waiting list for their barrel-aged below decks barleywine ale.

sipping on this atm

and for your viewing pleasure, just stumbled upon this.. lol

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Viewing pleasure success.
                              Originally posted by davey101 View Post
                              TNP drinks like gasoline. Also its reasonably priced.
                              Uhm....

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I had one at a bar the other night and for the life of me i cannot remember the name. Maybe R3v knows:

It is triple belgium with a chicken/rooster as the bar on-tap lever. 9.0%alc/volume. It has a wheat-beer character with a little bit more zing and some fruityness to it. It is one of my top 5 beers and i have no idea what its called. Very frustrating.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X