Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
    Cut it off
    Agreed - you have to get that thing out of the way. I pulled the waterpump off, put it in a vice, and cut it with an angle grinder. Maybe you could do it on the car....but that would be pretty tight.
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
      Agreed - you have to get that thing out of the way. I pulled the waterpump off, put it in a vice, and cut it with an angle grinder. Maybe you could do it on the car....but that would be pretty tight.
      did this same thing with my 24v swap
      sigpicGrind it till you find it.

Comment

At the point of putting mine all back together at the moment.
        Just fitted the compressor and wow...there is zero space for engine movement. Probably 2mm space at most!

how does everyone else go with space there? there might be a bit (~3mm) of movement for my radiator if i pull it in really tight to the core support with some safety wire.
        Attached Files
        RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

So you just the only thing you use off of the E36 is the compressor and the connections at the compressor? Condenser, evaporator and drier are all E30 still? Trying to make sure because I have the entire E36 donor car with working A/C and don't want to get rid of anything I will need.

Comment

Everything is e30 except the two hose connections on the compressor and the compressor itself. The only thing you might want to grab from the car is the connector on the compressor. I can't remember if you have to splice that into the e30 wiring or not.

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
            So you just the only thing you use off of the E36 is the compressor and the connections at the compressor? Condenser, evaporator and drier are all E30 still? Trying to make sure because I have the entire E36 donor car with working A/C and don't want to get rid of anything I will need.
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

reviving this thread because despite my searches i've found no answers to this the clearance on the ac compressor. question. I've got "OEM" spec revshift motor mounts which are great in terms of clearance thus far but i've not driven the car yet and i'm worried about the motor moving into the rad. given the 4mm clearance. Is this acceptable or do i need to lose the 3 row mz3 rad for a few more mm?

Comment

Originally posted by ridingsupreme View Post
                reviving this thread because despite my searches i've found no answers to this the clearance on the ac compressor. question. I've got "OEM" spec revshift motor mounts which are great in terms of clearance thus far but i've not driven the car yet and i'm worried about the motor moving into the rad. given the 4mm clearance. Is this acceptable or do i need to lose the 3 row mz3 rad for a few more mm?
                I would call revshift to see how much the motor mounts actually flex. My guess is that they don't move 4mm but I've never seen them. Honestly, why not just take it down the street and slam on the brakes to see what happens? Worst case it will puncture the radiator which you were going to replace anyhow.
                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

If your motor moves more than 4mm then I'd be concerned.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Well I'm willing to find out now haha I appreciate the response
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great write up, I am about to tackle this project. Just realized you are a fellow Austinite, would love to see your car in person (If I haven't already around town)

Comment

Originally posted by nameisbauer View Post
                        Great write up, I am about to tackle this project. Just realized you are a fellow Austinite, would love to see your car in person (If I haven't already around town)
                        He sold it in a moment of weakness. Luckily he realized his mistake and is currently building a new monster :D

You should come out to one of our local meets, theres a decent amount of local e30s in town, plus I'd love to see a touring in person!

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                          He sold it in a moment of weakness. Luckily he realized his mistake and is currently building a new monster :D

You should come out to one of our local meets, theres a decent amount of local e30s in town, plus I'd love to see a touring in person!
                          Yes I was weak... let me know when you guys have a meet up. I just picked up a different german car that is drive-able. Maybe it can pass for an e30 while I'm finishing up my real e30.
                          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                            Yes I was weak... let me know when you guys have a meet up. I just picked up a different german car that is drive-able. Maybe it can pass for an e30 while I'm finishing up my real e30.
                            Lol I thought you'd appreciate that comment ;D

Yeah man, I'll shoot you a text next go around.

Comment

Austin E 30s

Happy to have landed in this thread. I've had my e30 for about 15 years or so now. I plan to visit Terry Sather at some point for a few things. I find I hardly have time to tinker with the car and since my AC is out it's mostly a driveway queen.

Comment

Jumping on the ATX bandwagon

Hey, I'm interested to hit up one of the meets if it's still going on. I'm currently running through a new purchase to see what's missing or needing fixes, biggest issue right now is no ac...

Comment

Working...
                                X