Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly is supposed to get powered up before cranking? S52 ODB2 Swap

Hey guys-

So I'm finally making some moves on getting this s52 ODB2 swap wired and fired up. Yesterday was the first step in getting power to the DME and e30 body.

When turning the key to accessory (2 clicks) I hear the fuel pump fire up and start priming the fuel rail- but at the same time, the ICV is being powered up and humming away. Is this normal? After sleeping on it last night, the ICV is a three prong connector- which is similar to the CPS/FPS wire, which I might have mixed up...since I don't think the ICV should be running prior to engine start. But correct me if I am wrong.

While I'm here, I just wanted clarification on fuel line setup. Using the ODB2 S52 fuel rail and FPS....Is this correct?

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

My icv buzzes like that before the engine fires.

Comment

Everything powered by main relay should have power as well as ICV

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
      X