Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m50 maf connector? is it the same as the 02 sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m50 maf connector? is it the same as the 02 sensor?

My maf connector is falling apart. the pigtail i got from the auto dismantler is also in worse shape.

I was looking at connectors and the 4 pin o2 sensors look like a close match. Does anyone know if i can chop off the end of an e36 o2 sensor and plug it into the maf? Of course i could try myself when i get home. But if someone could answer this real quick I can get a cheap used 02 sensor off ebay faster. Thanks!

Originally posted by Poopie View Post
    My maf connector is falling apart. the pigtail i got from the auto dismantler is also in worse shape.

I was looking at connectors and the 4 pin o2 sensors look like a close match. Does anyone know if i can chop off the end of an e36 o2 sensor and plug it into the maf? Of course i could try myself when i get home. But if someone could answer this real quick I can get a cheap used 02 sensor off ebay faster. Thanks!
    No you cannot, they don't seat exactly the same, just hard wire them with pigtails, you can use the females off chopped harness, they come out easy. Wiring is:

Top Red = Pin 3 Black = Pin 4
    Bottom Yellow = Pin 2 Brown-ish= Pin 1.

This is looking at the MAF connector, if you look closely the male pins are numbered.

OR

you can take oxygen sensor and smoothen the fittings that make it hard to mate and use the same wiring above. Good luck,

Comment

Working...
    X