M52 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 problems

Hi, I'm newer on here, recently bought an e30 325i, 24v swapped. I bought the car from someone on r3v, from my town. He initially said that the car just had to just needed a new tune, so I put the original tune in. The 413 I believe. But, the car is a m52 obd1 swapped, since I did that it has been having the same problem; press on the throttle and it bogs down, sometimes it revs up if I press on it very slowly. It idles around 500 rpm, I'm ordering a new O2 sensor today, since the old owner claimed it to be out. Also the thermostat housing is leaking, I put the two gaskets in it, but I'm not sure if there is supposed to he another one? But as I dig into the car, I realize it was cheaper everywhere possible, radiator, gaskets are all silicone, the thermostat housing was siliconed so it wouldn't leak, fan, thermostat. So I'm sure I'm going to have to rebuild it, I've already dropped 1000 in it, and haven't really made a dent. Way over payed, since I thought it was going to be a running car. But anyway, anyone know why it is doing these things? Timing? I feel like I'm going to need to rebuild it soon; so on the rebuilding part, anyone have a thread? Suggestions on what parts to get, what are some things I should do while I'm in there? Would like to get quality, but don't want to get the best, unless the price is right, but thanks for taking a look. And those who provide input.

-Nate
    91' 24v 325i

This is why you build rather than buy....
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      This is why you build rather than buy....

My intentions were for a daily, but that deffs didn't work out. And now I have no other choice to build.
      91' 24v 325i

Comment

Working...
      X