Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which AKG Selector Rod to Run? Curved or Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which AKG Selector Rod to Run? Curved or Straight?

I'm in the middle of buying all my parts for my m52 swap paired with a zf transmission. I'm trying to figure out if I need the e30/e36 325 straight selector rod http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...g.php?item=134

Or, because I'm running the m52 with a zf transmission, do I need the e36 328i/m3 selector rod that is curved? http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...g.php?item=156
    1987 325 project

Straight, the curved is for g260.

Comment

As far as I have been informed, you are backwards. The curved is for the ZF transmission to clear the bellhousing. This would make sense as the e30 325 and e36 325 run the Getrag and AKG shows them having a straight Selector Rod. The e36 328i and M3 run the ZF transmission (which I am going to be running with my m52) and are linked to the curve one. I just wasn't sure if it was going to hit anything else in the e30 running it. I'm good to go and have the curved one ordered with the delrin shifter bushings and a z4 3.0i shifter. It should be nice, short and slop free with shifts.
      1987 325 project

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        ouch......
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I just did the akg stage 2 shifter in my e30 m52/zf swap and used the e30 shifter with the e36 curved selector rod as per akg. I works great.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
            The UUC twisted DSSR is for the G260.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
              The UUC twisted DSSR is for the G260.
              Thats what I meant, my apologies.

Comment

I am currently running a straight dssr with no issue on my zf transmission. The curved one will give you more giubo clearance. I didn't need it for my swap.

I also bought mine from UUC, not sure if that will make a difference. If both of the above rods are the same length from end to end, then it doesn't matter which one you buy.

Comment

Working...
                X