M52 power looking for 300whp N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 power looking for 300whp N/A

looking for 300 whp from a N/A m52 with ITB's head work, high compression, euro m3 exhaust, custom cams and yes 93 "pump gas". Has anyone here tried to do this?

what were your hurdles and recommendation as to cams, and compression? anything helps mates!

Buy an S54
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by m-technik-3 View Post
      buy an s54
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Buy an S54
        +2

m52 is for boost.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
          looking for 300 whp from a N/A m52 with ITB's head work, high compression, euro m3 exhaust, custom cams and yes 93 "pump gas". Has anyone here tried to do this?

what were your hurdles and recommendation as to cams, and compression? anything helps mates!
          It is possible with solid lifters, crazy cams, bigger valves 13 to 1 compression ratio, rev limit at 9000, but race fuel is a must. It is more practical going with S54 route.

Comment

The issue with M52 will probably be doing so reliability because of the need to turn over 7-8k rpm.
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Thanks guys but s54 is in the future I already have wire harness and ecu reprogrammed couple years back still locked away.

But this is my track project
              I had bought an engine that was built for racing with high compression. I have not put it together yet it hasn't seen the track yet, I'am planing to go higher 12.5 and some heavy duty springs for higher revs.

This was and is my inspiration
              mid engine m52 N/A power, he also has done a m52 13.1 on pump gas! He has done m52 high compression motors on pump gas and the mid engine build also excerpt on races. Their gas is a few points higher as it equates to the same do to their engines struggle to breathe at those elevations

18 views, 144 likes, 0 loves, 14 comments, 39 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Mid-Engine Bmw E30: Trilu-lilu !

Comment

^^ wow, amazing work right there! never seen that before, the sound is crazy good.. It must be more admirable to see what is accomplished from N/A engine than slapping on a blower.

Comment

Friend has an s52 with the following mods
                  Solid lifters
                  Upgraded valve springs
                  CNC Port and Polish head
                  Shrick Cams
                  M50 intake mani
                  3.5" MAF
                  11.5:1 overbored pistons
                  Head decked quite a bit
                  Headers
                  Tuning to support
                  The car is crazy fast, for what it is. It revs to 7200rpm and loves every second of it but I doubt it makes 300whp. It is also very touchy and sensitive to the temp outside and the gas it uses. In all honesty I would think the best thing you could do would be to slap a supercharger on it for a nice linear power and would get you where you want with power.

Comment

VP racing fuel hmmm open you have a Platinum or Black CC. Be easier to tune for E85 and call it a day.

S54 for ease of getting fuel anywhere, parts nearly anywhere, nearly any shop can work on it. In my opinion it's a no brainer.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                      Friend has an s52 with the following mods
                      Solid lifters
                      Upgraded valve springs
                      CNC Port and Polish head
                      Shrick Cams
                      M50 intake mani
                      3.5" MAF
                      11.5:1 overbored pistons
                      Head decked quite a bit
                      Headers
                      Tuning to support
                      The car is crazy fast, for what it is. It revs to 7200rpm and loves every second of it but I doubt it makes 300whp. It is also very touchy and sensitive to the temp outside and the gas it uses. In all honesty I would think the best thing you could do would be to slap a supercharger on it for a nice linear power and would get you where you want with power.

I was calculated at 280 hp with my built and 11.2 compression. I think 11.5 is not enough Iam going with 12.5,ITB and high output coil, cams, not sure what injector? Nor pressure? 5bar..?

Euro maf with a good tune and I guess see what happens.. All I read is stories of 300hp but no dyno graph to prove it, except for the mid engine m52 guy who says its no sweat..

5/94 m3 with Metric Mechanic Rally/Race engine. Bored block, Wiseco 12:5:1 compression pistons, billet H beam rods, 3.2L forged S52 crankshaft, dual oil port...

Comment

Just finished a cust car with an m52. 12.5 compression lightened balanced crank/rods/pistons, dual valve springs/solid lifter (shim under bucket), The largest Schrick cams I have ever seen. Lots of headwork, ported intake and larger throttle. Equal length open long tube headers. Still fell way short of 300 hp. and only makes power above 6 grand. after the expense of the engine build trying to save a few buck with an old ECU and tune doesn't make sense. Just buy the S54 and be done.
                        sigpic

Comment

If I am not mistaken there are guys that had lots of issues with going over an 11.7:1 compression.
                          Solo318, when the engine was being built we both expected it to be a top end only engine, but it makes a shit load of torque as well. Not sure if that has to do with the fact that it is a mild cam or if it is because it has 3.2 liters vs the 2.8 from the m52.
                          I look forward to getting the car on the dyno and seeing what it puts down and the powerbands.
                          Anyone can say what they think they have for power, but I am always skeptical if they don't post a dyno chart with it.

Comment

For the M52, fully stock internals w/low boost build will be cheaper, but an S54 is probably the same price as that.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

just do s54. you can buy 2 s54's for the price you'll pay to build a "well it almost makes 300hp m52"

Originally posted by blunttech
                              Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                              X