No announcement yet.

FYI - some N52 oil pan research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't written over OBD, haven't needed to.

do you have an A2L or the OLS?

what's the difference between the Z4 3.0i and the 3.0si?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Three stage manifold,

I have an A2L...

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

ah so basically the Z4 3.0i is the same engine/tune as the E90 325i. I guess it happens that my car has the same program version as my wife's so all the offsets are the same.

wanna trade files? :p
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Bump. Still thinking about this. Stock ECU, either using the CAS & matching keyfob,or with an EWS delete.

I can do msv70 easily, msv80 too but its a bit more time consuming. Msv70 would be my preference, its just more hackable.

I need to do a disassembly of the program space to figure out an EWS delete. My barrier now is the software i have can't do the MPC cpu used on MSV70.

Using the CAS and matching key woud be pretty easy. My main concern would be replacement keys, china clones could be an option.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It took me 2 years but I have an EWS delete for MSV70. I can easily deal with the other error codes from missing modules. So, who wants to be the first N52 swap? :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whoa. That's awesome!
              Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

it took 3 iterations to get it right. First couple it would start once and then not start again. Now it'll start all day long. Don't even have to delete the error codes. :)

next is to do the same to MS45 and MSS70. Although MSS70 isn't very common. I remember a long time ago somebody had one for an S54 swap and they couldn't use it because nobody knew how to do anything with it.

I should go back to the dyno with my 330i tune. It's gotta be somewhere around 230whp now - basically stock. It's got a torque curve that would make a boat anchor M30 blush while weighing less than an M42 - would be a heck of a lot of fun in an E30!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

off topic but I just ported the EWS delete to MSS70 and MS45 is basically the same idea. So I can definitely do MS45 flashes now - 45.0 or 45.1. :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    It took me 2 years but I have an EWS delete for MSV70. I can easily deal with the other error codes from missing modules. So, who wants to be the first N52 swap? :p
                    i guess it is you that people told me about ews hack on facebook r3v limited.
                    i have a full 328xi to part out manual 6 speed and a 3 stage intake on side, witch i am planing to swap over to my 91 4 door. i was actually planing on to swap over cas aswell witch will give me nice fob too to open my door in future, my main concerns where, to make ac work, missing module errors, and cluster. how will the msv70 start or get ignition with out cas? i tough it was over can bus. Just looked up part nr that my car comes actually with msv80.
                    Last edited by serhat06; 04-02-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

You cant use the CAS without the cluster. Unless you're going to transfer all of the wiring and modules over, its much simpler to just delete the EWS. I don't have it for MSV80 yet but I'm pretty close.

The starter wiring would be stock E30. The cas is basically a glorified relay, its not neccesary. It can definitely run without any modules - all you really need is the EKP.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You cant use the CAS without the cluster. Unless you're going to transfer all of the wiring and modules over, its much simpler to just delete the EWS. I don't have it for MSV80 yet but I'm pretty close.

The starter wiring would be stock E30. The cas is basically a glorified relay, its not neccesary. It can definitely run without any modules - all you really need is the EKP.
                        if there is a way with out cas that would be 50% less harness work, but having cas will bring more cons like adding a cic in future =))

Comment

Another option is an EWS4.4 module from an LCI X3. IIRC it's pretty trivial to change the secret key on those ews modules with a 9s12 programmer (xprog, etc.) Should be much simpler to wire than a whole CAS module.

And for older cars in general, it's probably easier for MSV70 people to use the Z4 calibration and MSV80 people to use an X3 calibration -- much easier to work with the pre-BN2000 messages for older cars.

Comment

Hi, could you check your PM?

Comment

Working...
                            X