Getting ready for 24v swap, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
    I'm using a zf trans, e36 4 bolt driveshaft and it works fine. I said zf trans not g260
    Sweet! then i dont have to worry about bending the shifter linkage, and the offset trans brace. People use 525 green tranny mounts yea? what about engine, e30 work ok with the e36 arms?

Comment

Please do more reading. This is all readily available in multiple places. e28 motor mounts e21 trans mounts with cups or something polly. I like rubber as the ears on the trans are fragile as it is. E36 alloy arms.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
        Please do more reading. This is all readily available in multiple places. e28 motor mounts e21 trans mounts with cups or something polly. I like rubber as the ears on the trans are fragile as it is. E36 alloy arms.
        I'm sorry if it seems like I haven't been doing my research, I have I promise. I'm currently on page 48 of http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=45442&page=48

I'm just trying to get my options and details correct, I don't mean to be annoying!

Comment

I was in your same situation. I had read everything I thought I could but still didn't feel like I had a concise answer. It's all out there and will make even more sense once you dive into it.
          91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I've been contemplating this swap again aswell. Picked up a new e30 and m20 isn't enough

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I've always wanted an e30 and now have the funds to get one, plus I've got the e36 and can't really do anything with it because it was totaled so the swap is at my finger tips! But thanks for all the help I want it to work out

Comment

Working...
              X