m50 hunting for idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m50 hunting for idle

Hi all, put in some 21lb injector for my m50b30 stroker. Naturally it would hunt for idle because the tune isn't right(haven't been driving it, maybe one pull up the street then parked up).

So I purchased a chip from Euro-tuning specifying my modifications, installed the chip, reinstalled the ECU and started it up. Waited until it was near operating temperature, but its still hunts for idle. Although it does run more consistent than before and less smoke out the exhaust.

question is could my o2 or AFM be reading wrong(broken)?

I honestly don't think the chip is bad, but then again, I don't know enough about chips to make that assumption.

Here is a video of what is happening at the moment...

bought a chip from the interwebs to try sort out this idle issue. still have the same problem although the car sounds better and runs more consistent.

you will see at the end of the video i look at some black liquid on the ground, it has the consistency of water but looks black. Is it because it has been parked for a while? (2-3 weeks)

thanks for any help!
    .................................................. ...................sigpic
    .................................................. ............................. ......M50B25 3.1L stroker

I can't see the video, I'm at work. If it wasn't doing in before the injectors, I'd assume you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the system. Could be an injector seal. Black out of the tail pipe is usually a sign of excess fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
      I can't see the video, I'm at work. If it wasn't doing in before the injectors, I'd assume you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the system. Could be an injector seal. Black out of the tail pipe is usually a sign of excess fuel.
      it used to have a lot of black smoke out of the exhaust but now its minimal, but i think for idle its still too much? I did a smoke test after putting in the injectors and had no leaks come up. is ther Maybe another test i can do?
      .................................................. ...................sigpic
      .................................................. ............................. ......M50B25 3.1L stroker

Comment

Working...
      X