Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M50 was running great, but now won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ran, than quickly degraded to a non running situation, I have to wonder if the fuel pump or filter is clogged from crap in the tank. How long did the tank sit with fuel in it?

Comment

I'm running the harness adapter for the swap. The fuel pump is only about a month old, the injectors are new. And when i jump the relay for the fuel pump they aren't engaging with it. I checked them and nothing. I figured something hard come loose, but i haven't had time to run back through a check my wiring. The wiring is still easily accessible and im gonna go back through and clean it up once i figure all this out haha. Is there anything i could have missed that i need to check? Any specific wires or anything that are common problems with this swap? Thank you so much for all of your help. If you need anymore info let me know! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cweaver94 View Post
        I'm running the harness adapter for the swap. The fuel pump is only about a month old, the injectors are new. And when i jump the relay for the fuel pump they aren't engaging with it. I checked them and nothing. I figured something hard come loose, but i haven't had time to run back through a check my wiring. The wiring is still easily accessible and im gonna go back through and clean it up once i figure all this out haha. Is there anything i could have missed that i need to check? Any specific wires or anything that are common problems with this swap? Thank you so much for all of your help. If you need anymore info let me know! Thanks!
        Apply power to directly to the pump. I assume it will run, if so I would run down the wires from the pump forward.

Possibly ignition?

This wasnt an auto to manual swap was it?

Im grasping at straws now....

Comment

My car was a manual, however the engine that i got came with an auto harness, but i removed anything that had to with the auto trans. Do you think i need a different harness?

Comment

My car was a manual, however the engine that i got came with an auto harness, but i removed anything that had to with the auto trans. Do you think i need a different harness?
            No deff not. Reason I asked was if your car was.originally an auto you would need to make a few connections at the shifter to get it to run, like jumping the saftey switch that requires an auto to be in park to start. But these are on the body side and have nothing to do with your swap since it was manual to begin with.

Comment

Jumped fuel pump relay should bring you 12v to the pump, check that. If it doesn't have 12v something between the pump and relay is loose, fried or both.

Comment

I checked and i have power after i jump the relay at the fuel pump. I pulled the harness back out and i looked and it seemed that there was a green and white wire that had been cut from somewhere. I believe it's green and white it could possibly be brown and white. (I'm colorblind and some wires are questionable haha.) I also notice a green/black or brownn/ black wire that was the same way. Have any idea where these may go? I think the one with the black stripe doesn't really have anything to do with it. But i believe the green and white one may, but i can't quite remember. Thanks Again!

Comment

Sorry man, Ive been out of the country the last week and getting on the computer was tough.

Did you get to the bottom of the wiring? Can you post some pics?

Comment

I still haven't figured this out haha. I'm gonna be swapping the harness out completly and hard wiring it instead of the akg adapter. And hopefully after i pull it and go back through it i can figure it out and fix the problem. Did i mention that the injectors aren't firing? The fuel pump works when jumped, and i have spark, but no injector engagement. I checked the ground on htem and regrounded to be on the safe side and still nothing. Does this give you any other ideas?

Comment

I would check the fuel pressure before re wiring the whole thing. Try and rule out all fuel related issues. Since it was running the wiring was correct, now if something got fried in the wiring, that's a possibility. (But you should be able to trace the wiring and find the issue)

Comment

how would i go about checking the fuel pressure at the rail. And would that still be the issue causing the fuel pump not to engage? Could the fuel possibly be bad? thanks!

Comment

You can rent a fp tester from autozone. Pretty easy to use.

Comment

how would i go about checking the fuel pressure at the rail. And would that still be the issue causing the fuel pump not to engage? Could the fuel possibly be bad? thanks!
                            If the fuel pump is being taxed to much it may not kick on.

You mentioned you put new fuel in it the first time you took it out, so I doubt the fuel is bad. Possible something lodged in the pump or the line. Did you pull the filter to see what the fuel looks like coming out? Sediment and shit from the tank may have gotten stirred up and entered the pump.

I think you can bench test the pump (Im not positive of this) to see if its functioning properly, maybe its on its way out?

Comment

I sure hope it isn't, but i origianlly thought thats what it was. Its a walbro 255 thats about two months old now with minimal usage. I have another one that i can swap in thats brand new. I picked it up when i thought it was the pump and just decided what the hell i'll hold on to it if does go bad. Ill go grab a fuel pressure tester tomorrow. And ill pull the pump and inspect it. It has a new filter to, but that could be clogged. I decided not to mess which it becasue i could get fuel to the rail. Thanks guys!

Comment

does anyone know what the plug with three wires that are blu/white, brn/org, and blu/ylw is? im really confused i believe i have everything else right but this one is killing, i can't seem to figure out where this goes and i just wanna know if it needed on a non vanos and what the heck it is? I've looked for the last few hours and cant figure out what it is. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X