MY DIY fender roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ditchdigger View Post
    I tried something like that before and it didnt work out. I made a valve spring compressor for watercooled VW heads. Tried it out and it worked great, loaned it out to another person who used it and loaned it out to another guy who damaged it, who in turn loaned it out to a guy who, not noticing the damage used it and damaged his head. Then this guy that I didnt even know came to me saying that I owed him a new head because my tool fucked his head up and threatened me with a lawyer. I grabbed a used "dime a dozen" 8V head out of my scrap aluminum pile and gave it to him just to get the situation over with.

The last thing I want to do is spend my time mailing out a 20lb package to someone who ends up hurting themself while using it, or damages their car, cracks the paint or whatever and then try to come back at me because of my "shitty homemade tool". No thanks, Not again.
    I get your point. Unfortunately you can't account for all of the assholes.
    Matt

sigpic

Comment

Rent it out with a waiver (sp?) form sent out first. :P
      Last edited by clavinZERO; 06-21-2008, 11:50 AM. Reason: teh spells

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Pulled with an eastwood roller.
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
        X