Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike's 1964 Elva Courier MkIV Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, Michael.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Thanks Lorin! It's starting to come along well now. Drivetrain soon!
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

great to see the updates....very exciting.

Just the time and sweat alone blows me away......but in adition to that it takes $$$$$$.

then u have to decide to put it on a track, drive it hard enough to feel competitive, and try your best not to bend it...........

very very cool

on track 2017?

did u mention earlier????...hp of car?...wt of car?...my guesses: 185....1900??????
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
          great to see the updates....very exciting.

Just the time and sweat alone blows me away......but in adition to that it takes $$$$$$.

then u have to decide to put it on a track, drive it hard enough to feel competitive, and try your best not to bend it...........

very very cool

on track 2017?

did u mention earlier????...hp of car?...wt of car?...my guesses: 185....1900??????
          I'm trading effort for money at every opportunity, but it is still a major limiting factor to be sure.

What do you mean feel competitive? I hope to be competitive! :) 2017 is the goal, though the engine will potentially decide that.

Horsepower will probably be around 155, weight maybe 1,500lbs? Could be a bit more, with my rookie fiberglass work...
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

I love getting updates on this. What color are you painting it
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I love getting updates on this. What color are you painting it
              It'll be the same blue my dad's old Courier wore, but with silver instead of the regular shop yellow to differentiate a little. I've never seen a car with that color combo and I think it'll look nice. Here's a badly photoshopped rendering I did a while ago:

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post

Comment

Mike.....your new tow vehicle?

I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Yeah, that's been popping up all over recently! It would probably be pretty fun to run around in!

Comment

Keep up the good work man! I haven't been on this forum for awhile, glad to see updates on this project! Eager to see it running and driving soon!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

This thread needs updates...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

You're not kidding. My priorities switched to helping Dad peruse his awesome G4 for sale (still for sale! Someone man up and buy it!) and helping him finish his Elva 200 formula junior. I'm hoping to get back on the Courier this spring, though.
                        Last edited by ELVA164; 07-24-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Man FhotoPhucket really screwed this thread.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                            Man FhotoPhucket really screwed basically every thread.

Ftfy
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              man fhotophucket really screwed this thread.
                              qft
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Ftfy
                                gracias

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X