1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

i need a new hatch, the clips for the cargo tarp, the latch for the storage panels... etc.
      My feedback:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Bataan - I may have some extra load cover mounting brackets. Is that what you need, or the clips that hold it in the extended position? What color?
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

I don't own an E30 Touring, but have ordered many euro only part from ECS Tuning for both my E30 (US) and E46 (US). For the E30, I ordered a complete European exhaust system from ECS, and they only charges me shipping from their Ohio location. I have also ordered European switches and a rear fog light for my E46 touring model. I look up the part numbers on realoem.com, then just order the parts from ECS on their website...very easy...
          Mike
          Cary, NC
          Current Rides
          1991 325iC - For Sale
          2006 M3 Cabriolet
          Past Rides
          2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver
          1994 325is (S50) - Fast Car
          1998 Z3 - Fun Car
          1986 325e (i engine conversion)
          1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by mikerob97 View Post
            I don't own an E30 Touring, but have ordered many euro only part from ECS Tuning for both my E30 (US) and E46 (US). For the E30, I ordered a complete European exhaust system from ECS, and they only charges me shipping from their Ohio location. I have also ordered European switches and a rear fog light for my E46 touring model. I look up the part numbers on realoem.com, then just order the parts from ECS on their website...very easy...
            Hahahaha! IF you had an e30 touring, you'd know that a bunch of stuff is NLA. I can't speak for others, but I've tried many parts retailers and they can't supply the little items I need. Things like the rear hatch can be had, but most of the trim and the glass itself cannot be acquired new.
            Last edited by bataangpinoy; 03-16-2016, 06:39 PM.
            My feedback:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
            @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
              Hahahaha! IF you had an e30 touring, you'd know that a bunch of stuff is NLA. I can't speak for others, but I've tried many parts retailers and they can't supply the little items I need. Things like the rear hatch can be had, but most of the trim and the glass itself cannot be acquired new.
              If the part is NLA, then of course you can't order from the dealer regardless if it is a US or non-US model....

I was responding more to the folks that are saying they have to bring a title to the dealer to obtain non-US model parts.
              Mike
              Cary, NC
              Current Rides
              1991 325iC - For Sale
              2006 M3 Cabriolet
              Past Rides
              1998 Z3 - Fun Car
              1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment

With the bigger retailers they're able to bring in European parts through affiliates or companies that they've setup for importing euro-only items.

If I have a customer with a car that was imported I need to supply a title as proof of ownership otherwise the part(s) will be blocked from purchase. I haven't been able to purchase any euro stuff for months now. Definitely a bummer for a small business like mine.
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                  With the bigger retailers they're able to bring in European parts through affiliates or companies that they've setup for importing euro-only items.

If I have a customer with a car that was imported I need to supply a title as proof of ownership otherwise the part(s) will be blocked from purchase. I haven't been able to purchase any euro stuff for months now. Definitely a bummer for a small business like mine.
                  try ordering something from the ECS Tuning website - as a test. maybe something has changed since I ordered my last set of European only parts last year...
                  Mike
                  Cary, NC
                  Current Rides
                  1991 325iC - For Sale
                  2006 M3 Cabriolet
                  Past Rides
                  1998 Z3 - Fun Car
                  1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment

ECS is an example of a company that CAN bring parts in :up:

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      ECS is an example of a company that CAN bring parts in :up:
                      But you'll have to wait for their sluggish shipping protocols.

Comment

How long did it take for you guys to get approved for that e30 touring FB group?

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                          How long did it take for you guys to get approved for that e30 touring FB group?
                          I got approved for the USA group right away. It took a little bit longer for the German group. Can't remember exactly how long. I'm rarely on FB.
                          1992 325i Cabrio
                          1988 320i Touring
                          2000 M5
                          1977 530i
                          BMWCCA
                          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            Most euro only parts will take time to arrive. Unless you have a euro vin/title i can get the items within 2 weeks.

Comment

I don't own a touring, but I have bought a number of large/heavy parts from ebay.de.

Knowing a small amount of German helps, but I think being polite and not demanding helps more. I got two front diffs, an oil pan, CV shafts, and even a transmission.

I usually address them in at least some German (Bitte, Danke, etc). You can use a translator like Google but you have to be careful, if you don't understand what it's doing it will be obvious that it was translated.

most of the time the shipping really wasn't that bad, although I got some of the parts so cheap that I doubt the seller made much money. Of course, you don't want to poison the well so try not to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think I mentioned it before, but i've had good success for a few smaller items from ebay.co.uk and .com.au. Previous car, but a lot of the people on .de ebay are pretty reasonable to deal with as well.

I had a little translation help to keep the process moving, but I think that helps out a lot.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                Yeah. I ordered a handfull of things from them, and then waited for 5wks until they got some front euro trim replacements (and then they looked like shit, but that's a Bremen problem).
                                '89 318i Touring
                                '90 Miata

Comment

Working...
                                X