The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    Noone in their right mind is going to spend 11k on a car that needs those things.

1200 + 400+450 = $2050. pay it. get it on the road and driving properly. once its driving properly, wash it, take some very nice photos in an empty carpark. Put it up for sale for 15k negotiable, dont go lower than 14k.

Worst case you will lose 2000 for this whole ordeal, which in the big scheme of things isnt too bad.

Wait no title? i dont understand how the US title system works, but it doesn't sound good.

No, I looked up the title thing, it can take up to 8 weeks to come in the mail. Its only been 5 weeks. The cars kbb value is like 17,200 obviously if it was fully working. The guys at the dealership said the car is worth at least 10k. They said the user transmission is worth about 8k and the engine is 5k. They thought I could get 10. But who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just from the pics the body lines do not line up correctly. hood to bumper gap is wrong driver fender line is also fcked. good luck op

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

everyone has there own opinion and price, its all just a guess. I'll let you guys know what happens with it.

Comment

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In these types of situations you need to accept you made an error, put it behind you and work towards the easiest and most effective way to minimise the financial damage and get in the clear. Sadly you bought a lemon.

-A 2012 BMW in undriveable condition is worth nothing to 99% of potential buyers. only enthusiasts and mechanics are going to be interested.

-A driving clean 2012 BMW is worth something to alot of people. People who want to buy working bmws include enthusiasts, bank managers, old people, young people - your sale audience is much improved - more chance of seling

You need the best possible chance to sell it, and you will only get that if its fixed.

Also I assume you aren't in a position to perform the work yourself? good way to save money if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
            Ditto. Fix it up, he honest, clean it real nice, take some nice good photos with lots of details, and highlight its good points like the paint job, interior, etc. Advertise that your mechanic did a full PPI and you spend $XXXX to fix it the right way. Honesty goes a long way.

OR

Keep it and enjoy your newly fixed ride.

I've already thrown 1.5k at it more issues have just come up. I can't justify more spending and guessing.

Comment

ah i give up. Good luck.

Comment

Damn dude. That really sucks. I'd get rid of that thing ASAP.

I'm just wondering why you bought an F30?? Your e30 looks great!
                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                  ah i give up. Good luck.

Don't get my wrong, I appreciate your advice, and I hear what you are saying. Mechanics have told me that they wouldn't advise putting more money into it. At this point I just don't know.

Comment

you need to stop buying cars.

Also, the paragraph was tough to read.

Im lost for words, you dont know better, and i dont get how you thought this was a good purchase. yes sure you "make good $" but if it needed any repairs or work, you going to get a loan each time a shop wants 1000$ ?

damn son....i hope you learn from this. There is a reason lots of us dont have "new" cars

I hope you learned to not impulse buy, and to be honest, when someone rolls up to a meet here in a new car, it does not impress anyone.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

J Mid,
                      Attitude is everything and as previously stated your attitude moving forward gives hope that you can and will rebound from this. Understand a few things here though, you are suffering from the biggest plague of your generation, its called "instant gratification"! We've all had it in some form or another however, this is a serious case at such a young age. Always respect your parents outlook and advise, they are older, know more about life and have your best interest in mind even more so than you do. I remember the E30 as a new car and could not afford 26k back then but I now have 2 E30's just as nice for a fraction of that.......Patience, humility and dedication are somethings that are needed to be undertaken in your very near future! Keep your head up and push forward, trust but always verify and if its too good to be true, you know the rest...... A wise man once said, "If you think education is expensive try ignorance". Keep your head up, learn from this and at all cost don't make such a stupid mistake again in the future. you are young and when you become more established you will have the opportunity to own the car you want and deserver without all the drama. respect yourself and your labour..... no own deserves all your hard earned $$ as much as you do. take care and I hope things get better for you soon.
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

It's really unfortunate that you were taken advantage of like that. Hope you're able to find a way to dig out from under it. While nowhere near as bad as your situation I more or less impulse bought a BMW X1 last year and after driving it for a few months realized that I'd been stupid and it wasn't worth the monthly costs. Put down some additional money on the loan to have it go away and leased a Honda Accord as my daily - something reliable, cheap to insure and run and under warranty. Lets me own my new E30 stress free!

Comment

I know this is super unlucky for you, and hopefully a learning experience. But why the fuck are you buying a $14,000 car in high school with money you don't have? That's the worst financial decision you could possibly make.

Comment

Jesus christ dude.... Just because you are now getting a paycheck every two weeks doesn't mean you can afford any car you want. Personally I think you just wanted a new BMW and bought the cheapest one you could find. Next time buy a e36 328i on craigslist for $1,000, it'll be faster and safer than your e30 and will probably be faster than that F30 too.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            Man, I feel like we are going to see a lot more laugh out loud stories from you in the future. I don't really feel for ya. But good luck, I 'spose.
                            Seriously, sounds like he f*cked up and he's the only person to blame.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              damn son....i hope you learn from this. There is a reason lots of us dont have "new" cars
                              Couldn't have said it better.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                                Jesus christ dude.... Just because you are now getting a paycheck every two weeks doesn't mean you can afford any car you want. Personally I think you just wanted a new BMW and bought the cheapest one you could find. Next time buy a e36 328i on craigslist for $1,000, it'll be faster and safer than your e30 and will probably be faster than that F30 too.

Seriously, sounds like he f*cked up and he's the only person to blame.

I did fuck up. Yep, already knew that.

Side note-

Stock F30 328i's are quicker than e36 M3s

Comment

Working...
                                X