No announcement yet.

WTB: 91-93 E30 M Technic II manual convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, the values are heading up because most verts have interiors that are less than spectacular because the sun ruins them over time. I've got an appearance pack 5 speed that is great mechanically, but cosmetically needs a bunch of stuff to be in line with my standards. Finding one that doesn't need some work, especially on the interior is going to cost you over $10k.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      Figured I'd pass this along..

BMW Mtech Paper Production Numbers by kirieiw, on Flickr
      This is the paper I got with Mtech I sold 2 weeks ago. (Hi Kirieiw). This was original Mtech and production date was 6/91, not 4/91.

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
        This is the paper I got with Mtech I sold 2 weeks ago. (Hi Kirieiw). This was original Mtech and production date was 6/91, not 4/91.
        4/91 was just the beginning. Mine is 5/31/91 and the latest prod date I've seen for the full M techs was 8/91.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Yup, photo credit goes to this guy! Such an amazing paper that came with your car, I'm glad you shared the pic of it.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

I am assuming you are the person who also received the copy of window sticker.

Comment

I am assuming you are the person who also received the copy of window sticker.

Yes sir, I didn't want to post it up publicly because your cars vin was on it

Comment

Why not post the window sticker with the VIN blocked out ... I know I for one would love to see it! My silver Mtech was built 5-7-91

Comment

My M Technic appearance package car is triple black and built 4/92. S770a option car. Immaculate in and out. I wouldn't consider less than $15k for it. I just sold my 10/92 e30 325iC, immaculate in and out, for more than $10k. Prices on all cabrios are heading up. OP, if you are in the market, my suggestion is find something you can work on over time that you don't have to pay more than $7k for. When you finish with it, the car will be worth at least twice what you paid for it. Otherwise, bite the bullet and pay dearly for an immaculate vehicle. I'm not turning loose of my M Technic any time soon.
                  sigpic

92 325iC Diamantschwarz factory M-Technic appearance
                  99 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II
                  97 318ti Active Bostongrun DD
                  01 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire
                  93 325iC Schwarz II. Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Why do I see so many more white appearance cars than black ones?
                    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                      Why do I see so many more white appearance cars than black ones?

I'm assuming because California got almost all white Mtech cars and the black cars are more spread out nation wide.

Comment

Even online, the majority of pictures and information are about the white cars. Very few black tech2 cars on this board as well.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

It's the great m tech mystery. I'm thinking white verts were more popular than triple black particularly in the warmer climate states. Perhaps the black ones are tucked away in colder climate states...and Canada.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I just picked up a white 92 mtech vert myself and all this information has been very useful. It is in need of cosmetic work including a full respray and new interior. Do you think if I restore it to original that it will still fetch these premium prices? (10-15k)
                            Last edited by dillon7; 05-03-2015, 05:50 PM.
                            Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Yes, but it will probably never be worth as much as an all-original car. Also, a full restoration will easily exceed $10k, and will take quite a long time to do correctly.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                                I just picked up a white 92 mtech vert myself and all this information has been very useful. It is in need of cosmetic work including a full respray and new interior. Do you think if I restore it to original that it will still fetch these premium prices? (10-15k)
                                i think that if you have the intention of restoring this car and selling it for a profit, you are probably going to be in for a world of hurt. a good quality paint job will set you back well north of 3k. getting the seats refinished(assuming the lotus door panels are in good condition) will set you back 2+ grand. convertible top replacement will be 1500+. so, in addition to what you paid for the car, you are going to have half its value into paint and interior before you even get into, tires, suspension, drivetrain, etc.

however, if you just fix the car a little at a time and make it presentable and safe to drive, you will wind up with a really nice daily driver. thats probably the best you can hope for with a car that needs that much work.

someone switched out the white interior on my car for black at some point in its lifetime. personally, i am not a fan of lotus anyway, so it actually makes it more desirable to me the way i acquired it.

btw, i would be willing to trade mine for an e30 m3 project.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X