Good short shift kit for a 535?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good short shift kit for a 535?

I'm thinking about installing a short shift kit in my E34. I'm always pretty skeptical about aftermarket kits, a lot of them are overly aggressive and not desirable for a daily driver. I had a Z3 SSK in my E30 and really enjoyed the feel, so anything equivalent to that would be great. I'll at very least be replacing the bushings, so if anyone knows where I can get a kit for that at a good price I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks for any advice.

edit: I just heard that the Z3 SSK will work in my 535. Does anyone know what parts are needed for that swap? This shows the parts needed for an E30. Would that apply to my car just the same?
    Last edited by Cliche Guevara; 08-25-2014, 06:16 PM.

I can help you. Shoot us an email sales@blunttech.com.. I have it all on the shelf
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

My friend and I put a z3 shifter in his 635 and we felt it to be rather notchy and vague (we put all new bushings and even did the delrin carrier bushings). However some people like that feeling. In his e24 m6, we threw in a stock e36 shifter out of a 328 and it made a nice improvement (albeit not the shortest of the OEM shifters). I'm still a proponent of the e60 545 shifter in both the getrags and the zf's. It's short without being super notchy. Just my two cents.

--Joey

Comment

We sell short shift kits for E28/E30 and have everything in stock.

Visit the link below and you can choose whichever you'd like!

Thanks!

90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

I put the 23 2.8l shift lever in my e34 with new bushings, and about 6oz of weight on the selector rod....I had to bend the lever a bit as it sat too far to the right. Besides that, it's perfect for my DD.
          -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Shifter from manual X5 e53 3.0l.
            My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Z3 1.9 shifter in my E34 535i... worked great for me!

(Is your 535i an E28 or E34?)

Comment

Working...
              X