No announcement yet.

SOLD Turbo M42 318is w/AC SA Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang... Id trade you my wagon but honestly I dont think that would be fair and I dont have cash to throw in.

GLWS

Comment

Today is a sad day indeed, one of my favorite e30s is for sale......GLWS
      Originally posted by Erick
      Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
        still for sale?
        Yes, and no. The power steering failed completely now since going over a raised manhole cover (bad road). I am going to replace the rack before showing the car. Letting the thread drop down on the list until I fix the items I would want fixed as a buyer.

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
        Dang... Id trade you my wagon but honestly I dont think that would be fair and I dont have cash to throw in.

GLWS
        You never know. You wouldn't be the first to offer a wagon as trade in. PM me details and I'll let you know. Chances aren't great, but with a kid on the way... you never know.

Originally posted by PFCRayB View Post
        Today is a sad day indeed, one of my favorite e30s is for sale......GLWS
        Thanks for the kind words. That's what my buddies say. Can't believe I'm willing to let it go. I would bet though I still have at least a few months with her since I have some repairs to do on it.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

thought this would be gone already !! sure would look purty with some new shoes on her;D
          Attached Files
          [sigpic

Comment

still available.?

Comment

Still available. Had it dyno'd again and did some more tuning, upped the boost as well. Runs even better now than before. Also bought 4 new tires for it as traction was non existent in first and second anymore with the old ones.

Bought new front windshield but still need to install it... and the steering rack still needs to be replaced. I am still deciding which rack I want to put in it.

Definitely available to be seen... I have been driving it around with no issues, with the exception of the lack of power steering of course.

Edit: Expressfish... those wheels would certainly look nice on her, but will have to leave that to the new owner... unless I end up keeping it of course due to lack of sale. ;)
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Windshield replaced, boost/vac econometer gauge installed, cleaned up gauge wiring, fixed oil pressure gauge not reading, new 225/45/16 tires installed, and a few other minor things done. Price HIKE coming soon... lol.

Told you I wasn't in a hurry to sell. ;)
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                  Had it dyno'd again and did some more tuning, upped the boost as well. Runs even better now than before.

What did she put down??
                  '91 318is turbo

Comment

192whp and 220trq... will find the dyno sheet, not sure if those are the exact numbers off hand.

I think it will put down more now though... I'm running @ 11.5psi now and on those runs I was only @ 10psi. I keep tinkering with it because it is such a fun car... plus I want to hit that magic 200rwhp on a dyno sheet.
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

Very nice! Love me some turbo m42! Are you running a FMIC? How much weight did the turbo add to the front end?
                      '91 318is turbo

Comment

Yes I am running an Ebay FMIC stealth mounted behind what would be an automatic's trans cooler grill.

Total weight added I would guess to be about 30lbs. Never measured though. It might be a little less, or a little more... having not weighed the stock air box, MAF, etc. stuff that was removed.
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

Well, time has come. Our second child is due in January and I have driven this car maybe 10 times this year. Seriously. According to my Fuellog data... the last three fillups: 9/13/2016 (17.99mpg, 188mi, 10.45gal of premium), 8/14/2015 (21.72mpg, 217mi, 9.99gal of premium), and 5/7/15 (11.08gal of premium).

As before, we don't have to sell it, but I don't want it to sit any longer. The same info on the first page applies to it currently in terms of the Pros/Cons with the exception of the driver's seat boltser as I had it reupholstered. So now there are no tears/cracks on the interior seats.

As such, I am going to put a price of $5000 on it to sell it quickly. This is a no negotiation price. Seriously, none. If you have any questions or need any info let me know. I will answer as quickly as possible. Will also try to get another video of it running. I drove it a little over a month ago and it still drives great. I am updating the first post as well.

Thanks for looking.
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

This should be gone quickly. Beautiful car. GLWS

Comment

Such a great deal!!! You really should keep it!
                              2 x 88 IXs, 91 318IS, 90, 97, 98, 01 M3s, 95 540I 6spd,

Current project 91 318is build thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385094

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tmacbmw74 View Post
                                Such a great deal!!! You really should keep it!
                                Life, kids, and lack of room make this hard to do I'm sure.

I've had a 6 speed 540i(e39), Corvette z06(C5), and currently have my 24v procharged e30 vert. All of these are/were great, fast and exhilarating cars, but somehow are never as much fun to drive as this one. To anyone considering this car, drive it, that will be enough to convince you.

Sorry it has to go Joe. Look foward to future builds.
                                ------------------------------------------------------
                                1982 528e - Sold
                                1987 325e - Totalled
                                1990 325is - Sold
                                1997 540i6 - Sold
                                1991 325ic - Sold
                                2013 335i - Sold
                                2005 X5 - Daily
                                1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Working...
                                X