No announcement yet.

Another clutch thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To make it simple, pilot always matches trans.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      To make it simple, pilot always matches trans.
      Once again, thank you for your help and patience.

Comment

Actually one more question, although not clutch specific: my 91 318i must have a 4.10 open diff on it. I've never changed a diff out before- just wondering if there is a particular size case I need to get? Further, if I don't change it out, will the e36 auto drive shaft I need to use to complete the swap fit alright with what I already have? If the gearing is going to be way too short feel free to let me know. Might as well fix that problem right away if need be.

Comment

They all weren't open, most were. Since you are keeping the Getrag, the 4.10 won't be "too" bad. The worst combination is 4.10 and ZF (or e36 Getrag). With the added power, the 3.25 is a nice ratio for all around.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            They all weren't open, most were. Since you are keeping the Getrag, the 4.10 won't be "too" bad. The worst combination is 4.10 and ZF (or e36 Getrag). With the added power, the 3.25 is a nice ratio for all around.
            ty sir.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has matched the dual mass eta trans/flywheel up with the m20b25? I can't see any reason why they would mate up…? if so, is it a real slug to drive?

I know its a heavy sob but I haven't had luck trying to find a used flywheel or inexpensive new oem one.

Comment

Working...
              X