Driveshaft help needed CSB input and DS source please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft help needed CSB input and DS source please help

So I swapped my 260 for a zf320 and I used the adapter sold by neue motorsports and I am having a hard time with the CSB.The CSB is to far back to line up. It is the OG Shaft from the 1989 325is. Can I swap the CSB for something else or flip it. I don't want to have to have a custom shaft made that's why I bought the adapter. Fresh motor mounts too.

Any advice is appreciated. Not knocking the product just trying to get my E30 back on the road.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Don't know how that adapter is meant to be used because 320z needs shorter driveshaft than 260z. Also replacing the rubber guibo by metal one is worst idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
      Don't know how that adapter is meant to be used because 320z needs shorter driveshaft than 260z. Also replacing the rubber guibo by metal one is worst idea ever.
      So I got it to fit but it's tight and I had to elongate the holes in the CSB. If I were looking to ditch the adapter which off the shelf driveshaft should I buy. Also with the high HP I am making is there any benefit to having one built stronger?

Comment

I know for a fact manual m3 driveshafts fit. The zf requires a large guibo compared to the getrag that uses a smaller guibo. You want a rubber guibo as they take a lot of vibration out of the drive line and you want some give as to not destroy everything. Also you do know to loosen the big bolt in the center of the shaft? That driveshaft can adjust inward/outward.

google search: zf driveshaft site:r3vlimited.com

Comment

As others have said, you need an e36 m3 or 328i manual driveshaft to make the zf320 work in an e30.
          M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
          Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
          M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
            I know for a fact manual m3 driveshafts fit. The zf requires a large guibo compared to the getrag that uses a smaller guibo. You want a rubber guibo as they take a lot of vibration out of the drive line and you want some give as to not destroy everything. Also you do know to loosen the big bolt in the center of the shaft? That driveshaft can adjust inward/outward.

google search: zf driveshaft site:r3vlimited.com
            Yeah I have all the play pushed in using the main nut. So a 328i shaft with and E30 CSB looks best I guess

Comment

Some of the M3 driveshafts have a 6 bolt CV rear, don't get that one obviously lol

Something to keep in mind is that the front half of the E36 328i shaft has a much larger diameter and it is very close to the bottom of the shifter. Mine barely contacts when I shift into 5th. The late model 325e "big guido" drive shafts don't have that issue and will also work.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
                Some of the M3 driveshafts have a 6 bolt CV rear, don't get that one obviously lol

Something to keep in mind is that the front half of the E36 328i shaft has a much larger diameter and it is very close to the bottom of the shifter. Mine barely contacts when I shift into 5th. The late model 325e "big guido" drive shafts don't have that issue and will also work.
                What model year 325e would I need and will it still clear with the longer ZF and have the CSB line up?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                  What model year 325e would I need and will it still clear with the longer ZF and have the CSB line up?
                  I believe its the 88 that has the "big guibo" driveshafts. I know from experience that it works with the ZF.

Comment

Working...
                  X