No announcement yet.

My Euro 1990 318iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that what you are trying to say is that the 55mph highway driving in the U.S. is far more important to BMW than European side roads with a 60 mph, or highways with no speed limit for weight balance. Once again, the trunk tar was only installed in U.S. cars
    I install tar strips weekly in NEW BMWs for road noise.

I would love to see this proof that is always talked about that the tar is for weight distr.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
      I guess that what you are trying to say is that the 55mph highway driving in the U.S. is far more important to BMW than European side roads with a 60 mph, or highways with no speed limit for weight balance. Once again, the trunk tar was only installed in U.S. cars
      I install tar strips weekly in NEW BMWs for road noise.

I would love to see this proof that is always talked about that the tar is for weight distr.
      I have been thinking of ways aside from audio spectral analysis to demonstrate...but I never see a stock E30 anymore! There has to be a definitive answer somewhere. Your point does make sense, and of course, there is always some BS US reg that may have been the cause too...all I know is it does little to nothing for noise.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Took some pictures after work on friday.

Weather was nuts, hailed for like 30 mins, weather channel said look out for snow. Then 3 hours later its sunny.

IDK how to explain the joy this car brings.. Everyone hates it and I can't seem to get enough..

Comment

Green hell!

Well I finally went and did it! The Nurburgring! Pretty pleased in the little guy drove almost 400 miles this weekend and blasted down the ring, all on 1 tank of gas and not a single hiccup! Here are some pics from the weekend.

Waiting all alone for the track to re-open after an accident.

Some track, the ol' girl in action 300,000km+ strong!

And a cool down after beating her silly, I can really notice the lack of torques this car makes with the combination of heat soak, hills, and it being an M42.

Overall though very pleased with the weekend and the car, I am currently waiting on wheel bearings so I can finally put my new control arms and Koni's up front. Currently running Condor Speed Shop's solid M3 offset CAB's and blown to shit shocks. With the Koni SA in the rear. I noticed alot, ALOT of under steer and some body roll but not much. I cruised on the Autobahn at about 120kmh for the entire trip and she just kept chugging!

Comment

Put the proper wheels back on the car today. Gonna get some winters put on those stupid orange ones.

Comment

Screw everybody's else opinion on the damn stickers! It's YOUR E30 and it sounds to me you're having the time of your life driving it, so drive on and on! I am very envious you get to enjoy your car in the Germany!
              sigpic
              1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

Working...
              X