Obama: 6 month report card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama: 6 month report card

This is a question more geared towards the liberals and independants who voted for Obama back in November of 08, rather than the conservatives.

Alot of my liberal thinking friends who voted for him last year are now losing alot of faith based on his actions in the past 6 months. When I've talked to them about it, they admit they didn't think he would be doing the things he is doing now.

Obama voters, do you still feel the way you did when you voted for him or have your feelings and opinions toward him changed?

As a conservative, I didn't want Obama to win at all. McCain wasn't the best, but I sure as hell wanted him over Obama.

My view on things are as follows: here we are six months later (only 6 months later), unemployment has continued to rise steadily with no end in sight, Americans are losing their jobs but taxes still continue to rise, the death-toll in Afghanistan is still at an alarmingly high rate, the stimulus plan didn’t work, 1 TRILLION DOLLARS was printed a few months ago deflating the value of the dollar and holding the potential to cause massive inflation, terrorists are being released from Guantanamo, North Korea laughs us off, Iran told obama to shut up and mind his own business (so much for talks with rogue regimes), his vice president joe biden wants to spend us out of bankruptcy (is that an oxymoron or just a moron? I say moron.), he advocates cutting defense spending while our enemies are building up theirs, lets leaders from third world countries walk all over him(Chavez with the lame gift/book), and now he wants to give us a socialized system of health care that will not work and end up killing the elderly, stunting job growth because employers will not hire new people due to the extra costs or they wil pay low wages to afford the additional costs which is disenchanting.

You can't tell me to give him time since he is relatively new to the office of POTUS. Normally I would agree with you, but given the amount of legislations and bills he is involved in and trying to pass, I think it is already a clear indication of who he is and what he wants to do with this country.

Also, with the whole issue on health care, I totally agree with the conservative commentators on wondering why Obama is trying to get his health care bill passed by August. With something this big and important, shouldn't we take our time and look things over carefully? It's clear as day that Obama wants to push it through before his political capital tanks and he has no more clout, since his poll numbers are dropping fast.

After talked to my liberal friends, I was shocked when they told me he wasn't what they expected. What else would you have expected?! No one should be surprised, we knew exactly what we were getting. He had no track record as an office holder because he'd barely held office, but his background is filled with shady associations, leftist position papers, and communitarian experience that I think unfit and completely inappropriate in a person given the task of POTUS. You can tell me Bush was an idiot, at least the guy flew jets and earned an MBA. Obama taught law and shoveled coal for ACORN. How could anyone not see that he'd be printing money right from jump street? How could we not know that in every action he'd genuflect to a victim class from which he could expect to count on unflinching political support?
    As I said earlier McCain wasn't the best, but I damn sure didn't vote Obama. Nothing so far has surprised me, and I expect much worse to follow.

Congrats America, you got what you voted for.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

does anyone still think he's a moderate?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
      1 TRILLION DOLLARS was printed a few months ago deflating the value of the dollar and holding the potential to cause massive inflation
      I almost stopped reading after this. I was laughing too hard.
      Last edited by wildstoats; 07-28-2009, 07:02 AM.
      $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

I totally agree with the conservative commentators on wondering why Obama is trying to get his health care bill passed by August. With something this big and important, shouldn't we take our time and look things over carefully?
        This is nothing new. This practice has been business as usual on Capitol Hill for at least 9-10 years now as far as I can tell. No one read the last stimulus bill either in fact. It's deplorable, considering that is really Congress's only job. Oh wait, no, that's begging for corporate handouts and elbowing each other for more political clout, my bad.
        $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

I don't even care, seriously. McCain would have been just as bad. All politicians are douchebags, no matter what side of the aisle they are on.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
            This is nothing new. This practice has been business as usual on Capitol Hill for at least 9-10 years now as far as I can tell. No one read the last stimulus bill either in fact. It's deplorable, considering that is really Congress's only job. Oh wait, no, that's begging for corporate handouts and elbowing each other for more political clout, my bad.
            Congress is obviously a huge part of the problem too.

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
            I don't even care, seriously. McCain would have been just as bad. All politicians are douchebags, no matter what side of the aisle they are on.
            You're the resident liberal here, so how do you feel about the original question? I'm assuming you voted for him, so have your feelings changed?

SC*AR

And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

we could actually DO something. This is supposed to be a country of the people, not of the Obamer
              Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                i don't even care, seriously. Mccain would have been just as bad. All politicians are douchebags, no matter what side of the aisle they are on.
                +1

Comment

You're the resident liberal here, so how do you feel about the original question? I'm assuming you voted for him, so have your feelings changed?
                  I have never been very fond of Obama and I voted for him mainly because he was the lesser of two evils. I was skeptical of all the candidates and I purposely ignored any election talk until maybe a month before. My opinion of Obama is still the same as it has always been, skeptical but optimistic at the same time. The main problem I have with him so far is that he is trying to do to much. I think he would be much better off if he focused his energy on one project at a time and covered all the appropriate bases and ended up with a polished product. Between the stimulus, GM bankruptcy, Afghanistan, health care, etc. Everything he has touched seems to be half assed. But oh well, things would not have been better with McCain or any other politician for that matter. This country has been heading down the shitter since the 60's, and neither the democrats nor republicans are doing anything to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog View Post
                    we could actually DO something. This is supposed to be a country of the people, not of the Obamer
                    qft

I been in sweden for a little while now, and the ghigher standard of living, happier people, and other little things points that the gov' they got here should be a good example to follow.

free heathcare ftw
                    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

its not free healthcare, taxes increase significantly
                      Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

its not free healthcare, taxes increase significantly
                        Exactly, you are going to pay for it one way or the other.

Obama's health care plan makes me sick, but I'll leave that for the other thread that is currently going on.

What can we do? We were given the choice of who we wanted to lead our country and Obama won the election, carried into the White House by ignorant voters who were swayed by his eloquent speeches and personality, not by his actual agenda (Kennedy/Nixon anyone?). Now we're paying the price.

I used to think that Obama would sweep through his first term and win the next election easily, but right now, I'm not so sure. I bet Palin could beat him.
                        Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM.

SC*AR

Comment

I bet Palin could beat him.
                          If she does, we are doomed.

The problem is, and has always been, that trying to get anything accomplished in politics is a quagmire. Sure, when you're a candidate, you can talk about how much you want to change everything for the better. However, when you actually get to the captain's chair, you find yourself surrounded by people that have gotten used to the current system and learned how to take advantage of it for their own benefit. People like that won't change because of someone's altruistic values/hopes/dreams, unfortunately. This is ESPECIALLY true during a party switch after a 2-term presidency, obviously.

Obama is probably trying to do so many things in an effort to get at least a few of them funcitonal.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Thank gowd Obama won cuz Palin would have been just a dyke and quit followed by Mccain having a stroke.

Bama will win the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              If she does, we are doomed.

The problem is, and has always been, that trying to get anything accomplished in politics is a quagmire. Sure, when you're a candidate, you can talk about how much you want to change everything for the better. However, when you actually get to the captain's chair, you find yourself surrounded by people that have gotten used to the current system and learned how to take advantage of it for their own benefit. People like that won't change because of someone's altruistic values/hopes/dreams, unfortunately. This is ESPECIALLY true during a party switch after a 2-term presidency, obviously.

Obama is probably trying to do so many things in an effort to get at least a few of them funcitonal.
                              A correlation I've found from the hardcore liberals that I'm friends with are that they are pushing the blame away from Obama towards Congress. Like I stated earlier, Congress and the entire political system is fucked up, but Obama does have a majority in the House and Senate, and brought a whole new Cabinet in with him. Makes you wonder since he has all the tools he needs with him to do the job..

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
                              Thank gowd Obama won cuz Palin would have been just a dyke and quit followed by Mccain having a stroke.

Bama will win the next election.
                              Thanks for your valid post and observations.
                              You say all my posts are just random bits of BS

SC*AR

Comment

Working...
                              X