rough day off ***SEMI GROSS PICTURES INSIDE***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rough day off ***SEMI GROSS PICTURES INSIDE***

was preparing lunch on my day off. Just aquired an 8" wusthof chefs knife. began chopping a heart of romaine. left thumb slipped and CHOP! blood spatters everywhere hollywood style. obscenities were hurled. saw a chunk of my thumb sitting on the cutting board. let it bleed for an hour before getting in the car to head to my podiatrist appointment. they supplied me with neosporin and gauze while i waited for my appointment. the doctor then proceeded to cut out two infected ingrown toenails out of each of my bigtoes. painkillers have helped.
    good news-got to sit with my feet up for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

post wusthof carnage:

post pediatrist:

most recent shot of my thumb post cleaning:

sorry for the lack of detail. i know its not that bad, but the thumb coupled with the toes really kicked my ass today. enjoy.:p
    Last edited by lowlightbw; 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM.
    www.benjamineliward.com

Do not like :shock:
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Been there, on both counts. Ingrown's when I was 15 and every few months for losing a bit of a finger. Enjoy the time off.

Ever have a air cutoff wheel going full blast skip what you're cutting and go across the palm of your hand? Cut and cauterized in one pass. Never bled, but I had a nice deep scar for a long time.

Comment

Did you bite your toenails as a child? Wear shoes 1/2 size too small? Drop a can of chilli on both of em?

Comment

im trying to figure the same thing out. Ive never had them in my life and then 2 in one month. apparently i cut my toenails using my feet while drunk inside of my asshole.
          www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbsjunk View Post
            Been there, on both counts. Ingrown's when I was 15 and every few months for losing a bit of a finger. Enjoy the time off.

Ever have a air cutoff wheel going full blast skip what you're cutting and go across the palm of your hand? Cut and cauterized in one pass. Never bled, but I had a nice deep scar for a long time.

I have done this with sanding disks.....sucks.

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
              was preparing lunch on my day off. Just aquired an 8" wusthof chefs knife. began chopping a heart of romaine. left thumb slipped and CHOP! blood spatters everywhere hollywood style. obscenities were hurled. saw a chunk of my thumb sitting on the cutting board. let it bleed for an hour before getting in the car to head to my pediatrist appointment. they supplied me with neosporin and gauze while i waited for my appointment. the doctor then proceeded to cut out two infected ingrown toenails out of each of my bigtoes. painkillers have helped.
              good news-got to sit with my feet up for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

post wusthof carnage:

post pediatrist:

most recent shot of my thumb post cleaning:

sorry for the lack of detail. i know its not that bad, but the thumb coupled with the toes really kicked my ass today. enjoy.:p
              you still see a pediatrician? :p

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
                you still see a pediatrician? :p
                oops, pills talking! podiatrist is a foot doctor
                www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

hah, nice. been there on both accounts too. one slip with the toenail clipper and an ingrown toenail for a year, exacerbated by 3hrs of tennis for 6 months.

and a 4.5" grinder to the thumb.

enjoy the recovery.
                  pull: '02 F-250 7.3L 6SPD 4x4, Chipped, Straightpiped, BFG MTKM2.
                  turn: empty stable. lame.

Comment

I did the same thing with a potato peeler once. Took a chunk right off my thumb knuckle, I still have a scar.

Comment

Looks like my thumb after the run-in with the table saw...thank god for sawstop.
                      92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X