E46 to E30... downgrade or upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
    I say downgrade. That's a rad color combo on the e46.
    this

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

i love having both.

- the e30 is a fun toy and easy to work on and well its an M :p
      - the e46 is newer, modern, comfortable and has all the creature comforts

As for calling it a downgrade I would not, then again i like both chassis.

Comment

Upgrade

That's a nice e46, no doubt! But They're all over the place. A nice e30 is more impressive in my mind. I also had a e46 and it was cool, but doesn't match the road feel of my e30, of course I do have an S52 in it. And I do like the wheels on your e30.

Comment

I downgraded

to

Going from 333hp to 133 is tough!

Comment

Downgrade being the e30 is auto, kind of takes the fun out of the fun car.

But e30s have the better forums.

Edit: The best forum

Comment

^ I dunno man, have you ever been to e46fanatics and searched around for info? IMO it's the best forum on the net, for searching and picture DIYs. The best part about e30 forums is that there are 2 big ones with different crowds

I had my e46 for 4 years before I got the e30, both cars are supremely nice in their own ways, and I think I'll own both for the rest of my life. IMO they're 2 of the best overall cars ever made and either car in good condition will make its owner's life better. I like driving the e30 more.

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

i also upgraded from an e46 to e30..greatest decision!

2001 330ci lowered on hr race springs to a 1986 325es soon to be turbo m30b35 swapped

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                  ^ I dunno man, have you ever been to e46fanatics and searched around for info? IMO it's the best forum on the net, for searching and picture DIYs. The best part about e30 forums is that there are 2 big ones with different crowds

I had my e46 for 4 years before I got the e30, both cars are supremely nice in their own ways, and I think I'll own both for the rest of my life. IMO they're 2 of the best overall cars ever made and either car in good condition will make its owner's life better. I like driving the e30 more.
                  E46fan ftw! OT is the best

r3v is the best e30 forum. I hate e30tech
                  ^M52B28^

Comment

Originally posted by 02stu View Post
                    I downgraded

Going from 333hp to 133 is tough!
                    I've seen you around VCU, clean car.

OP, it could go either way I guess. E30's a tank compared to E46 in regards to reliability. The E46's are nice cars, but their's no feel like an E30.

If you are a TRUE BMW enthusiast, you upgraded.

Sold.......again.

Comment

I want an e46, I just love how they kind of went back to their roots on the e46.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

We kept the E46 330ci(auto) for the wife to cruise in to work. Similar upgrades to yours only a little more hp, Mtech body kit, coilovers on nice wheels, borla exhaust and cams but honestly I don't want to drive it over the E30 ever. After enough time, I just bought my wife an E30 because she had one before the E46 ad missed it also. Were just sick!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                          I want an e46, I just love how they kind of went back to their roots on the e46.
                          buy my sedan!

Comment

IU did the same thing. Its awesome. for the money i sold my e46 for I am building a very nice and fast e30.
                            CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                            For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

I think they are both fantastic cars....can't go wrong with BMW power :-)
                              (OO=[][]=OO) 1990 325i

Comment

I'd say neutral. I've beaten my friend's E46 325i from 0-70 and kept up with a 328i, but the nice combination of luxury and performance is awesome in an E46. Not as raw and fun as an E30 BY FAR, but I wouldn't mind having one.
                                Originally posted by TSI
                                ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                                OEM+

Comment

Working...
                                X