My name is Daniel and this is my e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Daniel and this is my e30.

Hi, r3v. I finally decided to make a project log. It's been about a year since I bought my e30. This is my first e30 and my first car. It's an '87 and I purchased it in February of 2012, I don't remember what day exactly. It was bronzit and then painted matte black. The guy who I bought it from got the paint job done for me. To be honest, I wish I went with a normal schwarz rather than a matte finish, but I thought it was cool to stand out at the time. It had 215k miles on the engine and chassis, but it still runs very strong today. Here's my e30.

Before it was mine.

The guy in the orange sweatshirt is my dad.

After the paint job.

How it used to look.

How it looks now.

Mod List:
    Exterior:
    Ellipsoid Headlights
    6K HID's
    Late model valence
    14" basketweaves
    Magnaflow muffler
    Tucked bumpers
    Volvo lip :rofl:

Interior:
    Z3 short shifter
    ZHP weighted shift knob
    Blue LED dome lights

Suspension&Steering:
    Koni Adjustable Struts
    Ground Control Coilover Conversion Kit
    e36 Steering Rack

Engine
    Aftermarket Chip (Supposedly a venom motorsport chip but probably not)
    Cone filter
    Heatshield

Can't wait to keep on modding!
    Last edited by Dalejandrino; 03-10-2013, 02:00 PM.
    -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
    -1990 325i sedan

Wheels, suspension, and exhaust.

This is what the GC conversion kit looks like installed.

Picture of the springs without the rear adjusters. Not sure if that's the right way, so I kept the adjuster on :rofl:

I painted my old wheels white. I'm on a budget so I used rust-oleum hehe ;). It turned out better than expected, actually. I did 3 coats of primer, 4 coats of the base coat, and 4 coats of matte finish clear coat.

with yokohama as530's on

And this is the muffler I have on it. It's pretty loud, but I'm too lazy and poor to get a silencer for it.

Did the burnt tips myself.

This is it being installed.

More updates soon!
    -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
    -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Looks like a solid start, keep the updates coming.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I like that it's your first car.

Comment

Flat black (plastidip?) volvo lip and red zip ties. Classic. :D Hope the flaming they give you isn't too bad. I can't say anything I was there not so long ago. What are those wheels??? I rlly like em'

Keep the progress coming.

EDIT: If your car is an 'I' than how did you install that muffler??? PLEASE tell me you didn't use a y-pipe backwards to narrow it down to one pipe just to go back to two. That's the way my alpine came to me :(

Comment

Originally posted by motomaster99 View Post
            Flat black (plastidip?) volvo lip and red zip ties. Classic. :D Hope the flaming they give you isn't too bad. I can't say anything I was there not so long ago. What are those wheels??? I rlly like em'

Keep the progress coming.
            I'm ready for the flaming haha. I'm still learning what is considered "tasteful" and "childish" in the e30 world. Of course I want my car to be tasteful, I just don't have the money. And the paint was factory I guess. The code for it is 121 which is matteschwarz. The wheels are SSR GT3 reps. They're total shit, but I like how they look/fit better then the basketweaves.
            -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
            -1990 325i sedan

Comment

I started driving e30's at 15, (now 20) and I've done wayyyy less tasteful things haha. I'm skeptical that is a true factory color, but if you went by the paint code then that gets you lots of taste credit.

Don't worry if its tasteful or not just do what you want to do to it as long as its safe. And have fun.

Back to the muffler though, How is it set up? are you running a custom single exhaust? Or an 'e' exhaust? My point is if you are, you've lost all your torque and would really enjoy factory duals.

Comment

I started driving e30's at 15, (now 20) and I've done wayyyy less tasteful things haha. I'm skeptical that is a true factory color, but if you went by the paint code then that gets you lots of taste credit.

Don't worry if its tasteful or not just do what you want to do to it as long as its safe. And have fun.

Back to the muffler though, How is it set up? are you running a custom single exhaust? Or an 'e' exhaust? My point is if you are, you've lost all your torque and would really enjoy factory duals.
                Its just the stock pipes and then a "Y" pipe to the muffler. Does that affect performance in any way? I thought it was just more of a sound thing.
                -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
                -1990 325i sedan

Comment

looks good!
                  sigpic

Comment

Not normally a fan of this style at all, but somehow I like this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalejandrino View Post
                      Its just the stock pipes and then a "Y" pipe to the muffler. Does that affect performance in any way? I thought it was just more of a sound thing.
                      It definitely won't help performance. And I can't imagine it sounds very good either. But for now its fine

PM me if you have ?'s about anything I for one don't mind helping out. I can show you a trick to running a $30 muffler that sounds good.

Comment

It definitely won't help performance. And I can't imagine it sounds very good either. But for now its fine

PM me if you have ?'s about anything I for one don't mind helping out. I can show you a trick to running a $30 muffler that sounds good.
                        I think it sounds nice. It's just loud. And thanks a lot! I appreciate it.
                        -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
                        -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Thinking about buying spacers from 8380 Laboratories so I can put my other wheels on. I just need to save up. :-?
                          -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
                          -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Nice start, look into spacers from Motorsport Hardware, contact Ryan, he is also a supporting vendor on here.
                            90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

decent start. i like the way those wheels look refinished.

welcome from another bay area member!

Comment

Working...
                              X