Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30M30 w/ M20B25 Wiring Harness Questions

Hi there everyone,

I'm wrapping up an M30B35 swap into my E30 325is and had some questions about the wiring harness. Now I've read that the M20 wiring harnesses from 1988- onwards can be perfectly used with the M30-- just hook everything up and go. And I've also always believed my E30 to be a 1988. However, after hooking up my M20 wiring harness, I noticed that it didn't have a connection for the TPS on the intake manifold. So now I'm questioning whether my E30 is a 1988 with the motronic 1.3 or not. I checked the vin and got a late date in 1987, I can't remember exactly but will add that later. So, worst-case scenario my E30 could be a 1987. If this is the case, will my M20 harness be unusable? I still have the TPS Sensor connection from the M30 harness, but it's been cut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have to swap the TPS. To use m20 harness you need m20 TPS.

also, injector harness will not line up with m30 injector positions, need to cut out the plastic box at each one to make it fit.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok great thanks so much for the help!

Comment

I had to unwind part of my m20 harness to make the ICV, TPS, and charcoal can valve thing all connect as well.
        Originally posted by Japandrew73
        I'm not going to be "cutting up" the subframe, I'm going to be notching it
        '92 335ic Alpinweiss II/Indigo
        '79 323i Arktisblau Euro

Comment

Working...
        X