Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler: MSDS Header GB....In the works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: MSDS Header GB....In the works...

MSDS has indicated they'd be willing to do a group buy if anyone is interested. I already have a set but I'd be willing to organize it if sufficient people are interested. Marty is going to send me pricing in a week or so and he indicated they'd need at least 5 orders. Not sure if these would be the newly redesigned ones or the originals but would post the details either way. Let me know.
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

i know myself and the other kyle are interested.

kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

I'm interested.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Got pictures of the headers and what are the benefits over stock?
        Current BMW's:
        2004 330Ci
        1986 European 325i cabrio
        1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
        1989 325is RIP
        1989 325iX RIP
        2001 740iL RIP

Comment

why dont you just do a GB on the IE headers? i hear the fit is much better than the MSDS headers. i know the IE ones are modeled after the MSDS headers, but the IE ones have been modified for better fit. just my . i would be interested in the IE ones...
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I've not done anything with IE before and have worked with Marty to modify the MSDS headers for a higher fit. I never had any problems fitting my MSDS so I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Did you mount both? If so, what is the difference?

Comment

Update? What kind of price are we looking at?

RISING EDGE

Comment

Marty's out for a bit and when he returns, I'll be getting the pricing and will post the details, photos, etc. It sounds as though there may be sufficient people to move forward but it could be a stretch to reach 5 based on what I've seen thus far. I'd prefer not to waste his or my time if I don't think we can get to the right number.

Comment

I understand, and I agree with you. Thanks for your effort though.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I was able to finalize the pricing on this GB but still need to work through some details. Marty has indicated that he'll offer us the rate used before his steel pricing went up (Kirk also mentioned the same problem and indicated they would not be doing another GB at the pricing we obtained - possibly because we ordered so many - I think we hit 12 without the e36 people).

The price will be $197 for the set, with ceramic coating and shipping extra. In order to hit the pricing above, we'd need to hit 10 orders. I'm a bit skeptical on this number but will try. If you're definitely interested, pm me so that I can get a firm number before I make a fool of myself should we only get half that.

Comment

Wow, that is frickin cheap. Are these like the IE Shorty headers, with a collector pipe that bolts on sepperately from the headers?

What kind of finish do they come with, I know ceramic coating is expensive. Is the stock finish just going to rust if its not coated?

RISING EDGE

Comment

Marty at MSDS got back to me on pricing for the 318 headers, $99. For coatings, the price would be 4 Cylinder $65 - 6 Cylinder $85 for Nickel, and 4 Cylinder $115 - 6 Cylinder $145 for ceramic (good to 1650 degree and FAA approved). My understanding is that the coatings are only applied to the headers, and not the down pipes but I'll make sure about this before things start.

Comment

$99 for 318 headers? :shock:
                          BEERTECH

Comment

That's right. Just $99 for the 318 headers and $197 for the 325i headers. I'll have more info up soon.

Comment

Here's the info on the final GB for MSDS Headers.

Comment

Working...
                              X