Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 318is, Brilliantrot, Major project car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, it is too bad you didnt just undercoat to the line on the rear valance. But that undercoating looks nice. I need to redo mine on my eta.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

The undercoating on the rear valance looks pretty bad, if you ask me.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        I disagree. Car looks solid.

Comment

Good thing I didn't then.

Comment

good work cleaning it up. if you can get your driver side motor mount bracket out then paint that black also. will look just as good as the ac compressor. i did mind and the alternator bracket black too. it looks cleaner.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Nice work on turning that iS into an even nicer machine! Love the progress pics, please keep them coming!

Pete

Comment

I agree, either color match the whole thing (rockers included) or leave it as stock.

Nice work though, your project is coming along nicely! I wish I could spend that much time on my car.

Comment

looks great...it definately shows that you spent alot of time on it. Not sure about the undercoating on the rear valence but it really dosent look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimble
                    Update:

I also received my large Bimmerzone order in record time, 1 day! The pic shows the box containing my new Roundels, shift knob, 4 Bosch spark plugs, valve cover gasket kit, 4 new oil filters, 2 air filters, a fuel filter, Continental alternator/Water pump belt, a new orange turn signal cover to replace my cracked one, and my new Bosal OE replacement exhaust, which looks pretty good for $195 shipped I might add. :)

hey could you measure that muffler for me? ive been having trouble finding the stock dimensions, my muffler was replaced before i got the car...thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

Shift Knob. I guess this is the new OE replacement from Febi, and at only 20 bucks, it's really a nice piece. Has a good weighty feel to it.

fuck, does anybody know if there are shift boots just like this that are leather? mine is vinyl, and it has the one seam down the back...i want 2 diagonal seams in the front, like this one
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                        Only 6 cylinder cars had trunk tar.

Hunter
                        not all of them though.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Car looks pretty good overall, I really don't like the solid black rear apron though, it doesn't look very good. I would have left it half-red.

Comment

Yeah, it's so so. I'm starting to like it more though. I figure the more black parts I add, the more it will blend in. Maybe a rear black euro plate filler, and partially painting up higher on the front bumper? Not sure if that would look lame though?
                            No way, don't go any more black on the car, except maybe the plate filler. There is such a thing as too much contrast, and you're already headed that direction with the solid black rear apron. I would personally take that upper part back to red, but don't do anymore black. Just all my opinion.

Comment

nice car...its alot of fun working on these cars, doing the small things that can make them look so good!!!..... Also I have rubber mats in my trunk that weighed about 30pnds each...no tar

Comment

Yeah, it's so so. I'm starting to like it more though. I figure the more black parts I add, the more it will blend in. Maybe a rear black euro plate filler, and partially painting up higher on the front bumper? Not sure if that would look lame though?
                                hahaha. this guy thinks like me back in the day (few months ago). just stop now, otherwise it will cost more later to paint it back...
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X