Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its more on the principle of it.

We are 1 of 3 countries out of the 195 who decided we can't sign a show of trust to prevent further harm to our planet through emissions? Out of the 3 being like the one without any excuse whatsoever besides Trumps hurt ego.

Either way, its not enough. We should have been doing these types of things years ago, all the data collected around the world points to a 5-6% temperature increase in the next 50-100 years if we go on ignoring it, a little less if we try at all. the current 1-2C temperature rise has already started pushing out more delicate species from their environments, some, especially in more delicate alpine locations, have already disappeared from lack of locations to move to.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Hi, I am a cold hearted redneck and DGAF about all this. You can't tell me when it's going to rain next, you can't tell me that global warming is real. Talk about a form of terrorism.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Whoa whoa whoa. You just said the temps have risen in the past, dramatically, due to natural disasters. Is that not my point entirely? Yes, that is my point exactly.

You do realize that geologists have explicitly proven that vast temperature swings have occured throughout history well before the industrial revolution and human intervention. 10 out of 10 geologists agree.

You have to ignore a whole lot of information to conclude that global warming is a man made condition. And I will state once again for the slow people, I am not advocating trashing the environment.
        No, your point was volcano's have more of an effect than humans do, they do not.

Yes I do realize geologists can show that over a gradual period of time change occurs, or damaging natural disaster can cause rapid change. We're currently experiencing rapid change without the natural disaster, that's a problem.

No, you have to be able to look through the bullshit logic deniers try and use to refute science. You haven't made any arguments against AGW, all you've done is show you don't understand what's happening and why it's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Its more on the principle of it.

We are 1 of 3 countries out of the 195 ...
          And the two others are Nicaragua and Syria.
          Nicaragua didn't sign because it thought the agreement didn't go far enough.
          And Syria is in a war against ISIS, and Turkey, and the US. So no wonder their mind is somewhere else. ;-)

The US has absolutely no excuse to poison the atmosphere that the rest of the world breaths. "Jesus told me so" is NOT an excuse.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

How about because it's dumb and the president doesn't have a right to enter an agreement like this. This is basically a treaty and requires Senate approval.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              And the two others are Nicaragua and Syria.
              Nicaragua didn't sign because it thought the agreement didn't go far enough.
              And Syria is in a war against ISIS, and Turkey, and the US. So no wonder their mind is somewhere else. ;-)

The US has absolutely no excuse to poison the atmosphere that the rest of the world breaths. "Jesus told me so" is NOT an excuse.
              But this is the excuse most of these people use to justify anything and everything they do. No matter what they do wrong or who / what they harm, "Jesus told me so" is their justification.

But then again, once other people do the same things and claim "Allah told me so", then all of a sudden they lose their minds.
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

How about because it's dumb and the president doesn't have a right to enter an agreement like this. This is basically a treaty and requires Senate approval.

I heard a grade 2 student use this to start his side of the argument once before too.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Clearly smarter than you maybe?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Gotta love people who think Climate change is a massive worldwide conspiracy theory run by alarmists and globalists thinking they have all the facts.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

It's not a conspiracy theory. Just another tool to keep the elites like Elon Musk in power while making life for the small town person more reliant on the same elites.

You do realize Elon Musk, all of Hollywood and other elites have private jets and don't give a fuck about the environment?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

It's not a conspiracy theory. Just another tool to keep the elites like Elon Musk in power while making life for the small town person more reliant on the same elites.

You do realize Elon Musk, all of Hollywood and other elites have private jets and don't give a fuck about the environment?

I guess some people might be trying to exploit this serious enviornmtal issue for personal gain, but ignoring clear and overwhelmingly supported science, proved time and time again, is a sad and ignorant way to justify your beliefs and behaviors.

There have been small discrepancies in temperature naturally in the past, but our current climate warming is occurring faster, and to a more extreme extent.

I appreciate your skepticism regarding big business interfering with and influencing enviormental issues, so I hope you can understand that the extremely small minority or scientists and research that disagree with climate change they are almost entirely funded and very closely linked with big business and private funding entities.

Comment

Because everyone that lives in a small town can afford a Tesla. And how does Elon Musk have any power outside of his own company and interests? He was on Trump advisory board and met with him in the past to discuss environmental issues...seems like he's more powerless than powerful when it comes to that.

I don't get it, America. I mean, we don't have a perfect system here in Canada but at least we (try) to use logic most of the time. It seems like politics for you have become more of a "who can get the better 15 minutes of fame" rather than actually doing work that will make the country better.
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                            Because everyone that lives in a small town can afford a Tesla. And how does Elon Musk have any power outside of his own company and interests? He was on Trump advisory board and met with him in the past to discuss environmental issues...seems like he's more powerless than powerful when it comes to that.

I don't get it, America. I mean, we don't have a perfect system here in Canada but at least we (try) to use logic most of the time. It seems like politics for you have become more of a "who can get the better 15 minutes of fame" rather than actually doing work that will make the country better.
                            He fly's around on a private jet when espousing environmental conservation. He is no different than Al Gore and his mansion that is lit up like a Christmas tree. They say one thing and do another.

Plus, Elon Musk has no power over a sitting president anymore because Obama is not in office. That man took government handouts in the name of the environment.

EDIT: See the bold in your quote: So how exactly does bowing down to the international community with an unenforcable agreement HELP JUST the United States? It doesn't. China says one thing and does another. So all this exercise serves is to make you feel better. Fuck feelings.
                            Last edited by marshallnoise; 06-02-2017, 11:06 AM.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

He fly's around on a private jet when espousing environmental conservation. He is no different than Al Gore and his mansion that is lit up like a Christmas tree. They say one thing and do another.

Plus, Elon Musk has no power over a sitting president anymore because Obama is not in office. That man took government handouts in the name of the environment.

EDIT: See the bold in your quote: So how exactly does bowing down to the international community with an unenforcable agreement HELP JUST the United States? It doesn't. China says one thing and does another. So all this exercise serves is to make you feel better. Fuck feelings.
                              All these people you name are in support of a carbon tax. It would cost them way more than it would the average person.
                              Big banks and the automotive industries didn't get giant handouts either right...
                              Why are conservatives so convinced that the government are out to ruin their lives?

Comment

Originally posted by saucers View Post
                                All these people you name are in support of a carbon tax. It would cost them way more than it would the average person.
                                Big banks and the automotive industries didn't get giant handouts either right...
                                Why are conservatives so convinced that the government are out to ruin their lives?
                                A carbon tax does nothing for the environment but it does trash people's pocketbooks. That matters. Everything will cost more. Do you believe that increasing corporate taxes (of any variety) results in only the corporation paying more? Its an expense and therefore gets passed on to the consumer. So any corporate tax is a tax on the end user.

Any large company that supports regulation is only to eliminate smaller competition. This is basic economics and nothing more. Small companies can't afford to comply with arduous regulations while large companies can and just wait to buy out the smaller companies. Look at Del Monte farms. Plenty of case study of this very thing.

Big banks AND the automotive industry AND farmers should not be getting any handouts, period. How's that for consistency for you?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X