UUC "Twisted" DSSR - For 24V/G260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC "Twisted" DSSR - For 24V/G260

I just received my UUC "Twisted" DSSR, and thought I'd give a little review on the product!

For those that might not know, UUC Motorwerks now produces a DSSR (Dual Shear Selector Rod) for 24V swap cars that are still using the Getrag 260 transmission. When swapped into an E30, the 24V engine alters the position of the G260 by 10°, causing the shift lever to sit off-center in the console. The most common solution before was to heat and twist the stock selector rod 10° to compensate for the change. Now thanks to UUC, we can have the benefit of the DSSR without having to worry about the position of the shift lever being off in the car.

So here's the unit fresh out of the box.

Included with the kit are 2 fastening rods with high-quality metal clips, and 4 plastic bushings, if needed for a snug fit when installing. A small tube of Loctite ViperLube is also included.

And a few shots compared against the stock selector rod, this one is mine and was heated/twisted to 10°:

The angle is spot-on:

I'll update this thread with a few more pics once I'm ready to install it, but it looks like a great product, I can't wait to see how it feels driving!
    Last edited by Jand3rson; 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM.

Whaa? I thought you guys were going to make one yourself.

Comment

My withdrawals from my E30 are so bad that I actually had a dream i was driving her with my new UUC SSK/DSSR that are waiting back home to be installed

Comment

Can't wait to see how it feels driving. I want to know if the throw is much shorter, like compared to stock or something like a z3 rod.
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
          Can't wait to see how it feels driving. I want to know if the throw is much shorter, like compared to stock or something like a z3 rod.
          The selector rod does not shorten throw. No matter if its single shear, double shear or hell, even triple shear. :D
          It can tighten up a lot of side to side movement though.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            The selector rod does not shorten throw. No matter if its single shear, double shear or hell, even triple shear. :D
            It can tighten up a lot of side to side movement though.
            I thought it came with a shift lever too. I couldn't see the pics before cause I was at work. I was talking about the shift lever but I guess this doesn't include that.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

do u have to drop the tranny to install this?
              that would suck

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                I thought it came with a shift lever too. I couldn't see the pics before cause I was at work. I was talking about the shift lever but I guess this doesn't include that.
                You can use the UUC shift lever in conjunction with the DSSR, but you don't have to. It's not included with the DSSR, either.

I have the Z3 1.9 shift lever, which is already pretty short.

And no, you don't have to drop the tranny to install it, but mine is already out.

Comment

looks like some quality right there.

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                    looks like some quality right there.
                    Indeed. I do have to say, there is one thing I was unimpressed with, and that's in about the first half of the shots, you can see there's an edge where the "forked" section necks down into center shaft, the material is just kind of smashed over and looks bad.

Not that this will affect performance of the part at all, but I was surprised that this piece left production with a blemish like that.

Top right:
                    Last edited by Jand3rson; 02-12-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Updated! Pics of the DSSR installed on the Getrag 260:

I'm also using the AKG Delrin shift carrier bushing, and replaced the shift carrier pin/bitch clip with a shoulder bolt and nylock nut. There is not even the tiniest bit of slop in this shift linkage anymore. I can't wait to see what it feels like to drive this.

Comment

Cant't wait to read your review on this setup.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

My shifter sits at the 1st gear position when in neutral. Will this fix that issue?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Voyd View Post
                            My shifter sits at the 1st gear position when in neutral. Will this fix that issue?
                            prolly not.....

this UUC mod will correct the 10 degree offset angle (to the rt) caused buy using a g260 w/ a 24v swap.
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

looks nice and tight, but I have a z3 2.8 shifter, worried it might rub on the vibration damper

Comment

Working...
                              X