Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silence View Post

The DD.
    So it's been about 2 months that i've been driving on the CaTuned coilovers. I've put a little over 2,300 miles on them. I've driven a LOT of e30s, with a lot of different spring/shock combinations. Everything ranging from bone stock to IE springs, eibach springs, Ebay springs with "homefabbed" coilovers, Ground control coilovers with konis, H&R RACE with billie sports, GC coilovers with custom valved bilsitens, etc... Most of them on the street and on the track.

I am very impressed with these. First of all with the quality. You saw my first post. They are very well made. Most recently i've been impressed with the ride quality. I have them set very low. Not their lowest setting, but low. I have yet to bottom them out. The front lip hits the ground first. I have the rebound set almost at full soft. They don't bounce over bumps, they ride great on the highway. You can put a bunch of weight in the trunk, and there is not much change in the ride quality. They ride a bit stiffer than an H&R race/ bilstien sport combo. This was my favorite combo for the street. I now can say these catuned coilovers are my new favorite street combo. You get the best of both worlds... You can set them super low, and still have a nice smooth ride quality.

I've been so busy with the race cars, I haven't had time to do a track day in a street car. I'll be testing them on the track in the coming months.

how low did you weld them?

i'm considering buying them especially with the black friday sale going on...
    just not sure if i wanna have them welded normal or extremely low....

i want to go real low but still be able to have a DD able ride height, your ride height looks to be do pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      how low did you weld them?

i'm considering buying them especially with the black friday sale going on...
      just not sure if i wanna have them welded normal or extremely low....

i want to go real low but still be able to have a DD able ride height, your ride height looks to be do pretty good.
      I welded them based on the instructions. I can still go quite a bit lower if i want to...

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
        I welded them based on the instructions. I can still go quite a bit lower if i want to...

So I would guess that is the "normal" option for where to cut and weld.

Thanks.

Comment

I have a fully complete E30 M3 suspension on a 87 325i sedan. Ca tuned has to different version I see for the e30 325i and e30 m3. Is it a strut housing thing, valving, height?

I have the m52 weight up front not a 4cylinder. Forgive my ignorance on these things but what should you recommend?

Comment

Working...
          X