24v Muffler Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24v Muffler Recommendations

In the next week, I will be building an exhaust for my NV m50 powered e30. I will be using the e36 downpipes (modding for clearance),cats and possibly resonators if necessary. The donor was accident damaged and the exhaust was cut after the resonators. For reference, I had a straight through magnaflow on my m10 and liked the volume and tone. However, the choices of dual inlet/outlet 2.25" mufflers seems to be limited.

Any ideas?
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Vibrant products are really nice... thats my vote.

Comment

i like the vibrant stuff too. the mufflers with the flat black tips look and sound awesome

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

I have a Magnaflow 14815 (I think you would need the 14816?) on my S50 and I like the sound.

Comment

Borla XS mid muffler and a Vibrant dual out. Sounds amaxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Vibrant has been great for Swap systems many like it.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
              Borla XS mid muffler and a Vibrant dual out. Sounds amaxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This, Heres my car with that setup.

Loud, but sounds AMAZING.

S50 Swap into my 1990 325is. Setup is Ebay Long tube headers , Borla ProXS mid muffler, and Vibrant Streetpower Rear muffler, 2.5 inch piping .Best sounding ...

My BMW 325is E30 S50 swap with Ebay Headers, No cat ,2.5 Inch piping , Borla mid muffler and Vibrant street power stealth muffler. Seriously the best soundin...

It sounds about the same if you use one of Vibrants Ultra -Quiet resonators instead of the Borla
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                This, Heres my car with that setup.

Loud, but sounds AMAZING.

S50 Swap into my 1990 325is. Setup is Ebay Long tube headers , Borla ProXS mid muffler, and Vibrant Streetpower Rear muffler, 2.5 inch piping .Best sounding ...

My BMW 325is E30 S50 swap with Ebay Headers, No cat ,2.5 Inch piping , Borla mid muffler and Vibrant street power stealth muffler. Seriously the best soundin...

It sounds about the same if you use one of Vibrants Ultra -Quiet resonators instead of the Borla
                Amazing sound! Looks awesome too boot. Thanks for the reference.
                1984 AW 318i - aka Runt

Comment

I have a Racing Dynamics midsection to a Rogue Engineering muffler and it sounds fantastic. Nice deep bass note, nice snarl at WOT and very little drone and this is coming from a guy with a wagon!

The Rogue muffler is much less raspy and drones much less than the Magnaflow I previously had.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

M20 swap haha

329i

Comment

I trolled Bimmerforums for used E36 catbacks, and got lucky twice.

First went for UUC System U, I was stupid and wanted a mean sound and those lovely straight tips. Found one that was botched by an installer with a cut in the pipe before the muffler, didn't matter for my purposes.It was extremely loud and droned way too much, both with straight pipes leading to it (that was fun...) and with dual resonators and dual metallic cats.

I then read up on the quietest aftermarket muffler option, most suggestions were Dinan or AA Gen 3 so I kept an eye out. The Gen 3 is probably an easier muffler to fit, but a Dinan came up that was modified so I snatched it up and had it grafted in place. Ahh sweet sound of relief. I love it now, still loud when romping on it but definitely cut the drone completely and is civil when driving casually.

If you'd rather get new components or can't wait for the classifieds marketplace, +1 for Vibrant. I'm happy with the quality of their cats and resonators.

Comment

Working...
                      X