Power Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Windows

Hey guys, last thread from me. I swear. I've got an S50 swapped in the car, windows worked before the swap. The information I've gathered is that the K5/K7 relays are wired with the starter (small black/green wire). You can bypass this ground by removing the wire and grounding it out manually, but the hvac/windows will work while the car starts. I gave that a try, but no luck.

Everything works perfectly except windows. I have power at the fuse, power at pins 86/87, but no power to the circuit breaker, window lockout, or window buttons. I tried jumping 30/87 without luck. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,
    Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pin 15 on the c101 (Black and Green wire). Ground that. Same thing happened to my car.

Comment

I do not have anything in Pin 15 on my car, unfortunately. :/ (2/87 build)

Comment

Well then

Comment

Well, if you're not getting power at K5 Terminal 30, there's something wrong with your wiring for sure.

What did you do with the black/green wire on your starter, as it leads to the wiring harness adapter?

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Power Windows

Fred,
            Pin 30 and 86 have power, my mistake. The black/green wire is grounded currently instead of on the starter. Having it on the starter made no difference.

Comment

BK/GN does not need to be hooked up in an early model. It connects to the starter 30h terminal which in an E30 is the unloader signal. In an E36, it connects to various body modules like clock, ZKE, and a couple others.

If you've already checked power at Fuse 17, and it's powered up in the ON position, there's basically nothing that's hindering your power windows from working relay-wise. I would see if the circuit breaker is powered up.

Jumping 30 to 87 ensures Fuse 17 is hot at all times, so if the power windows don't work in that state, it's somewhere downstream that there's a wiring problem.

Do you have a power moonroof? If so, does it work?

Comment

Power Windows

I do not have power at the circuit breaker. I unfortunately do not have a power moonroof either. :( the windows worked fine before the engine swap, so I'm at a loss. I also can not get my cel to work (pin 8 has 0.3v), I've tried swapping DMEs to no avail.

Here's my pinout chart, 8 is currently disconnected but the rest is accurate.

02/87 11/93 325i harness
                C101 | X20
                1 ------25
                4 -----12
                5------23
                6------22
                7------21
                11------19
                12------8
                13-------13
                8-------18
                Last edited by Ian Bowers; 07-24-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Got it. I unplugged this under the dash at some point. Derp. Thanks for the help Fred, sorry it was my fault!

Comment

Ah, it's best when the problem ends up being something simple!

Comment

Agreed. :D

Comment

Working...
                      X