Bad DME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad DME?

95 s50 swapped into an 89 325i. Seems very close to running but the fuel pump will not turn on. The issue seems to be coming from the main relay..

There is power to both solid red wires but also the ground wire, so the relay is not functioning. Neither red/white wire is getting power in any key position. The fuel pump itself does work, jumped it to check. When the engine cranks and I use some starting fluid the engine will spark. Would the engine get spark if the DME was bad? The DME is a 506 grey label with bavauto chip.

I really wanna be sure its the ECU before I buy another one. Thanks in advance for any help

Might be ews related

Comment

Shouldn't be. The DME has a production date of 06/1994. According to turner motorsport it shouldn't have the ewsII issue. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-faq-ews.aspx

Comment

Yeah sounds right. Hmm. I had this issue for about five mins when i did the swap. Turns out i didnt have one of the power wires to harness hooked up at the battery. Did you make a harness or use adapter

Comment

I wired the C101 on myself using this chart. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=266102

As far as the battery junction block goes.. This is what I got

Comment

have you checked your fuses for a possible blown fuel pump fuse? Also, are you sure that the chip is in right? I've heard of someone having theirs in the ecu the wrong way. When they turned it around, it fired right up.
            PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

My main relay would come on, ICV buzz, but the DME wouldn't start the fuel pump. It was EWS. If you have easy access to a red label 413, plug that in and see if it fires. I pulled one from a yard for $35 and it fired right up. Was worth the money.

Comment

Yeah I'm looking around for a different DME to try. The fuses are fine and I assume the chip is in right since it came from a running car with the chip already installed. The e36 Bentley manual is pointing toward a bad DME from the things I'm reading in the main relay troubleshooting section.

Comment

Tried a red label 413 and still no fuel.

Comment

Solved -- Needed a small green wire from the engine harness to be included @ the connection for the ignition between s50 harness and c101. Fuck me

Comment

Working...
                    X