s50 cranking problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50 cranking problems

Need some help on this one gentlemen. My car will start (more or less) fine in the morning or evening. Might not fire on the first turn over but it cranks well and will fire up right quick.

Now, if I drive the car for some time (doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes or an hour) and then park for just a few minutes (up to 30 mins) when I come back out and try to start the car its hard to keep it running and dies like it's flooded out. If I just let it sit for a while (minimum 10 minutes, usually much longer) then it will usually fire right back up.

I have 95 s50 and am running the trm chip/tune, Injectors, flywheel, standard upgrades, etc. Any ideas? Some sort of vapor lock? It seems it's fuel related.
    Last edited by hexe30; 08-08-2015, 12:35 PM.

Why does it seem "fuel related"? Does it run fine otherwise? Idles fine, plenty of power?

Comment

Runs great. No complaints except for when i try to recrank it immediately after shutting it off.

Comment

Guessing no ideas?

Comment

There's a lot of things that it could be. But when I think temperature related, I immediately question the DME coolant temp sensor.

Comment

Are you using an OBD1 or OBD2 fuel rail? Did you install a check valve in-line? Sounds like your rail is getting vapor locked.
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Leaky injectors bleeding fuel into the cylinders?

Does it take a lot of cranking to get it to fire up?

Bad fuel pressure regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
                Are you using an OBD1 or OBD2 fuel rail? Did you install a check valve in-line? Sounds like your rail is getting vapor locked.
                Bought the car w/ the swap. How can I tell/ check what your asking?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                  Leaky injectors bleeding fuel into the cylinders?

Does it take a lot of cranking to get it to fire up?

Bad fuel pressure regulator?
                  As long as the car is cool it cranks as if it were a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by hexe30 View Post
                    Bought the car w/ the swap. How can I tell/ check what your asking?
                    Obd 2 rail should have a remote FPR and be shiny stainless steel.
                    OBD 1 will have the FPR built into the rail right by cylinder 6 and be painted black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
                    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

OBD1

Replaced the cam positioning sensor and that didn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X