M50NV Problem Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50NV Problem Help

I have searched for answers to my problem and i cant seem to find any so i decided to start a thread here incase anyone has any. Maybe it can help someone later on in the future.
    I swapped my 91 318is with a 92 M50nv and it has a slight stutter at low rpm and hesistation and some power loss under 4k rpm. My CEL is on and its popping a knock sensor code #70. And to my understanding the NV never came with knock sensors but the block has the holes for them to tap them in. I feel like the knock sensor is the problem to my hesistation and power loss because i think it messes with the timing and sends wrong data to the ecu. My question is, is why is it popping a knock sensor code when this motor never came in knock sensors?

Much thanks.

What ECU are you running?
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
      What ECU are you running?
      403 green lable

Comment

bump

Comment

That's odd. I'm running a 403 with my NV and no knock sensors and I get no codes.

What plugs are you using? I originally had some 4 prong Bosch plugs and had some hesitation. Switched to single prong Bosch plugs and it went away. Others seemed to have similar experience aswell.
          91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

That's odd. I'm running a 403 with my NV and no knock sensors and I get no codes.

What plugs are you using? I originally had some 4 prong Bosch plugs and had some hesitation. Switched to single prong Bosch plugs and it went away. Others seemed to have similar experience aswell.
            I'll have to check the plugs see what I have. Also I checked the cel code on an obd2 scanner with bmw 20pin adaptor and I got the knick sensor code. But wen I do the stomp test I get a 1221 code which I think is the o2 sensor? My o2 is brand new like no lmore than 100 miles.. Very odd.

Comment

FIXED!! i checked my plugs and the where the 2 prong bosch plugs and looked a lil filthy. Anyway i swapped them out for the single prong plugs and WALAAA.. runs like it came from the factory.. so now my cars drives well with no sputter or heistation. Hope this helps someone later.

thread closed

Comment

Nice! No idea why these engines are so finicky with plugs.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Working...
                X