X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
    Put back the s52 intake!!
    NO!

why? elaborate. (I'm still not going to do it, but just curious - though I'm sure I know what you'll say)

Actually it doesn't matter. I tossed the 2 obd2 intake manifolds I had in the trash ages ago
    Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 08-27-2015, 12:41 PM.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      Can anyone confirm for an obd2 e36 M3 manual harness the relevant wire is at pin 9 (brown with red stripe) on the x20 connector and it should be connected with pin 14 (black with white stripe) on the e30 c101 connector?
      Not sure what it is on C101, but you're right on X20.

Sorry for huge pic, but I'm just stealing it from Kadunza's facebook page:

Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Not sure what it is on C101, but you're right on X20.

Sorry for huge pic, but I'm just stealing it from Kadunza's facebook page:

Thank you sir! I was just about to browse the etms haha. I'm pretty sure it's pin 14 on the c101 e30 side. I even have a note in my diagram that that connection isn't optimal (though at the time I didn't know why) but it should avoid the CEL and give the ecu some input for car speed reference. I'm looking forward to that little bit being discovered in the coding so it can be corrected to provide appropriate speed reference to ecu.

Now I wonder if I can manage to ghetto connect those wires during lunch and see what happens!
        Shadetree30

Comment

Its already corrected in current flashes... :)

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
            Put back the s52 intake!!
            Why do you say? M50 mani on a properly tuned S52 loses power/tq nowhere and gains everywhere...

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
              Its already corrected in current flashes... :)
              Awesome :D

I decided, I want a fresh, new, MMW flash tune NOW (well, when I get back from vaca in 9 days). We can set it up for my current mods, get it dialed in, and then do a revision when I get cams? I decided I don't want to wait. I don't like the idea of having some unknown tune in my car now especially since I figured out who I bought it from.

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
              Why do you say? M50 mani on a properly tuned S52 loses power/tq nowhere and gains everywhere...
              Yea, that's been covered like 100,000 times by now
              Shadetree30

Comment

So an update on this thread is in order. I didn't buy my current dme/tune directly from MMW, I bought it from a user on bimmerforums who led me to believe it was an MMW tune. At this point, I have no idea what the current tune is, and considering some weird stuff I learned about that user and the performance shop he runs, I just want it gone.

That said, I had a great conversation with Dave two days ago and a new tune through MMW is the route I want to take, and I am excited!!

moving on, I went to connect the speed signal to the ecu last night and ran into a snag. When I finalized my wiring harness, I cut every "unneeded" wire down to the DME connector to thin it out. I had been driving the car for a few weeks without any codes, so I assumed I had done everything properly. Turns out, I never connected the wire to give the ECU a speed signal, and since I hadn't thrown a code for it at that point, that was one of the wires I chopped yup I cursed myself a little bit there

So last night I had to pry open the connector, pop out the pin 15 on the ECU connector, solder/crimp a new wire to the pin and reinstall. It was a PITA. I ran the wire back through the firewall and connected it to pin 14 (black with white stripe) of the e30 c101 connector. This morning driving to work I monitored data via the obd2 wifi dongle and dash command and still didn't have any speed reading..... so something is still wrong. I'm praying I didn't mess up the ECU connector because that was not fun to pull apart...
                Shadetree30

Comment

I'm thinking I need to connect that wire from pin 15 on the ecu to instrument cluster c3 pin 26 brown/red

colors match, I also had a note in my wiring diagram that that was the other possible connection needed
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                  X